Palatable calcium citrate - any suggestions?

Tiggybeep
on 4/24/13 1:13 am
RNY on 04/02/13 with

So after being "grumbled" at by my doc's nutritionist, I started on my opurity ones yesterday.  Uhm, not gonna happen any longer than I need to, let's put it that way.  Looking for suggestions for ones that, well, don't taste like THAT!   (their multivitamin is just fine by me, it's just the calcium citrate and I that don't get along).  Thanks in advance. :)

glad2balive
on 4/24/13 1:23 am

I take Citracal Petites + D3.

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Lori F.
on 4/24/13 1:26 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

I take celebrate chewables.  Flavor is good but they are a little chalky.

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

dahoodman
on 4/24/13 1:38 am, edited 4/24/13 1:38 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

I take the Celebrate [also like Lori F.] and I'm ready to switch like RIGHT NOW. They're chalky and sometimes I feel like I'm chewing little bone pieces in there or something. It's probably more of a "head" thing with me, but I just can't seem to get through it. The first one I tried pre-op didn't seem too bad. My friend gave me some of hers so I ordered another bottle or two. I'm going to have to find something else that I can just swallow and not chew. I like the rest of the stuff they make though.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

ncbrwneyedgurl
on 4/24/13 1:48 am - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 02/27/13

My hubby and I use the Bariatric Advantage Calcium chews...I like the raspberry flavored ones. My dr has a store that we can get them but I also know you can buy them online. Here is a link so you can see what the packaging looks like.

Hope that helps!

http://www.amazon.com/Bariatric-Advantage-Calcium-Citrate-Ra spberry/dp/B003JVICKM

Jennifer in NC (banded 09/08, band removed 11/19/12, approved for RNY 02/14/13, Surgery 2/27/13)

bbearsmama
on 4/24/13 10:53 am
RNY on 02/28/13

I like the raspberry ones, too! The lemon ones are also yummy! Since I take these 3 times per day-I had to get something that wasn't gross. It's like eating a starburst!!

Pam :)

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

Louise1974
on 4/24/13 1:54 am

I use Upcal D, it is a powder and you can buy it online.  I add it to milk, my protein shakes, or yogurt.  in a pinch I have mixed it up with 4 oz water and taken my meds with it (tastes way better in milk though).  It is inexpensive and tasteless.  I also have some of the caramel bariatric advantage chews around and they are nice for a little afternoon candy like snack.

bvom
on 4/24/13 2:03 am - CT

I also take the Citracal petites or the Target/CVS/Walmart generic equivalent.

Highest: 601 lbs / Surgery: 573 lbs / Lowest: 242 / Regained 57 lbs (Currently -51!)
              Panniculectomy 11/09  *  Brachioplasty & Inner Thigh Lift 12/10

Tiggybeep
on 4/24/13 2:10 am
RNY on 04/02/13 with

Thanks so much for the suggestions so far - keep em coming!  I went ahead and made an "emergency" purchase of a few of those mentioned via Amazon (yay for prime membership - it'll be here in 2 days!); will let you know when I find one that's better (which really, all things considered, would be ANY other than the one I have!).  I miss the chews I had from back in the banding days - those REALLY tasted like candy, but I doubt it's the right form of calcium. :(  Ah well, something will work out. :)  I appreciate you guys! :)

serenity81
on 4/24/13 5:53 am - Omaha, NE

I love Bariatric Advantage, didn't really like Celebrate, but its really all personal taste...If you go to the company's websites they'll send you samples so you don't have to spend tons of money on bottles of stuff you don't like. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views