what the hell is with my hair!??

kikidoll
on 4/22/13 4:27 am - MA
RNY on 03/20/13

For the past two weeks my hair has FELT really strange.  I usually have hair that gets a little oily after a day so I wash everyday.  The past two weeks though, my hair has been weird. It's almost like it's getting greasy after a few hours out of the shower, but it doesn't LOOK super oily, its just very stringy at the roots and then its really dry on the ends.  I don't color my hair anymore (and haven't for years).

Ugh, its just so weird.  It used to be really shiny, soft and smooth and now it just feels so yuck.  Almost like there is product in at the roots.  Any one have any tips on getting my hair back to normal?  I'm sure this has something to do with the surgery but I just thought I wouldn't be dealing with hair trouble for a few more months.

Age: 26  Height: 5'11  Highest Weight: 278  Goal: 160  Surgeon: Dr. Rebecca Shore

Mrs_Stimpy
on 4/22/13 5:18 am
RNY on 12/20/12

That happened to me too about three months out.  It seems to be gone now, though.  I have no idea why - I didn't change shampoos or anything else.  I hope somebody can explain this to us.  It was mostly at the top or crown of my head.

Good luck to all of us on our journeys! 

Highest - 222 / Pre-Surgery - 215 / Goal 150

Adrianne_Dawn
on 4/22/13 5:20 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12

Ever since surgery I have to use products like Herbal Essense Hydralicious to keep my hair hydrated otherwise it feels super dry and yes for some reason get's oily quicker at the roots.  Not sure what the deal is other then I think it's due to how our body absorbs vitamins and food.  Get a good shampoo and conditioner that focuses on extra hydration, :)

kikidoll
on 4/22/13 5:56 am - MA
RNY on 03/20/13

arghhhhhh thats actually the shampoo I use! :(

Age: 26  Height: 5'11  Highest Weight: 278  Goal: 160  Surgeon: Dr. Rebecca Shore

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/22/13 5:36 am
I had something similar happen. I have to wash my hair every day. I only use conditioner on the ends. My hair and scalp just seem to have more natural oils now than before surgery when my hair was always dry.
Coloring your hair an actually give it a fuller appearance.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 316 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 297 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views