Revision due to an ulcer

cegirl6
on 4/24/13 4:13 pm - Westminster, CA
RNY on 03/12/12 with
Just saw my surgeon and my insurance authorized me to have what he called a revision due to a non healing ulcer at the anastomosis. I've had it since 8 weeks out and now I'm a little over a year out, but lately it's been flaring up so my surgeon says they go in, cut out the ulcer and re attach my intestines to my pouch. Anyone else have this done? How did it affect your weight loss? Will I lose more weight? Is it like having the surgery done all over again as far as absorption? Will it change what foods I'm able to eat now? I know I have to go back to the six week post op diet but I'm concerned I might have a different result than the first time Thoughts?

aquapeach
on 4/24/13 7:31 pm - Germany
RNY on 03/13/13

Sorry for what you are going through, and that I have no answers. I myself am wondering abt the same issues also. Wish you all the best .

cajungirl
on 4/24/13 10:34 pm

It's not real common but it does happen.  You will have to go back through the stages of food to let the new connection heal.  As for malabsorption it should not affect since there is no new bypass of the intestines.  You may or may not lose additional weight, however, since you will be eating less I suspect you'll see some loss.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

jrobin14
on 4/25/13 7:15 pm - Charlotte, NC

Yes you sound exactly like me. I had what they call a revision due to an ulcer in my intestine at my pouch. I had it from about the one month mark, never got off liquid stage, and had surgery at month eight. As far as additional weight loss not so much. I lost about 180- went from 329 to 150 and as far as the food eating I would not know the difference because never go to the point where I could eat. I honestly think I have another one forming but just trying to do everything I can not to go there again. Any questions just ask.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 218 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 305 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views