Strech mark rash?

Jenn D.
on 4/2/13 2:55 am - CT
RNY on 01/29/13
I have called and am on the books for a PCM appointment for the 15th. However, I was wondering if anyone else has had this? What it is: an itchy rash on my strech marks on each side of my body, right above the hips, on my back. I have had it about a week or so. Cortizone and calamine(sp?) lotion do not help, and it has stayed in the same place (not spread) the entire time. Literally on the 'lines' of my newly shrinking strech marks.
No new meds, change in diet, detergent..etc. Like I said, I go to my PCM shortly, but was just wondering if anyone experienced this during the first 9 weeks post-op? I have lost 85 pounds so far.
Thanks for the help, or rather, piece of mind!
Jenn

BWB
on 4/2/13 3:13 am

I had periods of itching that I thought was related to the vanishing stores of fat.  My surgeon acted like he had never heard of it.  I first thought of shingles?  Could that be possible?  

Jenn D.
on 4/2/13 4:16 am - CT
RNY on 01/29/13
Never thought of Shingles....however, one of our RN's here at work says its something topical, maybe I am becoming hyper sensitive since my hormones are all out of whack. She said its odd because it is bilateral and arythmical (i *think* that is the word she used, can't remember. Told me to go get some Caladryl, a topical antihistamine and see if that helps.
She also said to switch my detergent to Dreft, see if it helps at all, and wear my waistband lower to see if it stops irritating it. We shall see!
Jenn

Melissa Nicely
on 4/2/13 12:26 pm - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

I don't know if it will hel*****t but I get a rash like that on the underside of my breast where I have stretch marks. My OB/GYN told me to get some diaper cream that had Zinc and Aloe in it. It cleared the rash up almost overnight.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 67 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 67 views