Sugar and Carb count ?

AlohaJen
on 3/22/13 4:34 am
RNY on 09/05/12

Just wondering after the RNY, how many Carbs and or Sugar grams do you limit yourself too?  My NUT had told me no more than 10-12 sugar grams per serving, but never really gave me a direct answer on the Carbs question.  Would like to know what some of the successful Veterans have limited those numbers too in their own daily intake ?  Thanks !! 

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

justinplex
on 3/22/13 4:37 am, edited 3/22/13 4:37 am - Kilgore, TX

we are told in my surgeons to try and keep fat and sugars to around 5g at a time, but that is really hard to get both 5 or less. i still stay pretty close to it. i think they said no more than 50g of fat and sugar throughout the course of a day.

Justin T. Johnson                            
MrsLitch
on 3/22/13 4:48 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I asked my doc's office at my 9 mo visit on Wed. about carbs. I was curious as to where they thought I should be. She said no more than 45g of carbs a day. Not sure if that was net or overall. I looked in mfp app to see where I have been hitting and found that I'm around the 60 mark total and 45 or so net most days. I have my protein goals set at 80 but am happy if I hit anywhere in the 60-80 range. Doing this there isn't much room for the carbs for me at this point.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/22/13 4:53 am - OH

My surgeon told us to be cautious about sugar grams above 9, but not all "sugar" is created equal.  12g of sugar from yogurt is very different than 12g of sugar in a protein bar or dessert!  

She never gave us any guidelines on carbs.  We never counted anything but protein.  She said that if we focused on a high protein diet, making healthy food choices in a well-rounded diet, and limiting "white carbs", there was no need to count anything but protein.  I still don't count anything except protein.  For me, counting is dieting, and I gave up dieting when I had surgery. Carbs are not the enemy (assuming you eliminate the "white" carbs).  Your body and brain need them, and no one gets obese from eating too many vegetables, fresh fruits, and whole grains.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Angela_Italiana
on 3/22/13 7:58 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
This is what I was given to follow:

Fat: 20grams/Day Max.
Sugar: 15grams/Meal Max.
Carbs: 100grams/day Max.
Skinnygirlme
on 3/22/13 2:33 pm - UT
RNY on 09/05/12

I wasn't given any numbers to go by. We do 70/30 protein and veggies. I wanted to say HI how have you been surgery buddy! 

I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
AlohaJen
on 3/26/13 9:11 pm
RNY on 09/05/12

Hi Skinny Girl Me !  I am doing great, obviously losing a little slower than you!! WOW!  You are rocking this thing!  I am down about 55 since the surg and down 82 lbs total since I started. I feel great and have gone from a size 24 to a size 16 jeans and I am about to have to buy smaller ones!  Still struggle with my sweet tooth , but overall, so GLAD I did this.....  How about you????  broken heart

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 338 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 104 views