No energy

pjw19_65
on 3/19/13 10:42 am

I am four months out and weigh 175lbs.  Have not went back to work yet because my physicians recommended six months before returning to work.  I am 20lbs away from my goal, however, I have no energy.  I just had labs a few weeks ago and everything was fine.  I also try to incorporate cheese, beans and milk and yogurt into my diet daily, but I still have no energy.  Could something be wrong?  And what can I do to increase my energy or will that come in time?

poet_kelly
on 3/19/13 10:45 am - OH

Why did they recommend so long off work?  Did you have any complications?

When you say your labs were all fine... what was your B12 level?  Your vitamin D level?  Your iron and ferritin?  Your total protein and albumin?

Are you getting enough protein?  Enough fluids?  Are you having any other symptoms?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Allen Y.
on 3/19/13 10:54 am - Garland, TX

You might have depression, go over your lab work and talk to your doctors about it. Get out in the sun and get an hour of bright sunlight. See how you do. 

Pittsteelers
on 3/19/13 11:00 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
Wow!!! 6 months?? That's a long time. If that is what is recommended how could anybody afford this surgery?? I would say get back to work, your normal routine. It may just be depression.

AnnieD9999
on 3/19/13 11:36 am - Columbus, OH

WOW 6 months is a REALLY long time. I am a Barber, and one week post op, and I could go back to work next week. My Surgeon said for a standing job like mine 2 to 3 weeks should be plenty of time. I would agree with the everyone else that you might just need to get outside more and get back to work. I know a lot of the time if I stay inside too long, i just feel groggy and want to take a nap. Hope everything is better soon and Congrats on almost being at Goal!

Zeigled
on 3/19/13 11:37 am - Parkton, MD

I agree - depression sounds like a reason for the lack of energy. What do you do for work - heavy work?  I was only out for 1 month.

HW 357 SW 341   

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 295 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views