drain?

debbie A.
on 3/12/13 7:08 am - inland empire, CA

Whats this about a drain? Does everybody having RNY get one? Do you have it at home?

Findingme2013
on 3/12/13 7:11 am
RNY on 02/04/13

I had a drain in the hospital, but I did not go home with it.

Angela_Italiana
on 3/12/13 7:12 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13
I'm not sure if everyone gets one. If you do you may either get it out before you leave the hospital or at your one week visit. Every situation is different.
debbie A.
on 3/12/13 7:13 am - inland empire, CA

Eewwww lol

poet_kelly
on 3/12/13 7:34 am - OH

No, some surgeons don't use them routinely.  I didn't have one.  Ask your surgeon if you should expect to have one or not.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mizzou_Fan
on 3/12/13 8:21 am - MO
RNY on 12/06/12

I left the hospital with one.Didn't hurt,just a pain in the ass that got in the way all the time.I pinned mine to my pants.I had it for 1 week.

I just got sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Missirenee
on 3/12/13 8:27 am - Orient, OH
RNY on 01/28/13

I had one. It was removed the day I left the hospital. It really wasn't a big deal, other than figuring out where to put it when I got up to walk. 

~Missy~

I would rather live my life believing there is a God, and die to find out there's not, than to live my life as if there were no God, and die to find out there is ~ source unknown ~ 

65rosesmom
on 3/12/13 8:46 am

Not all doctor's do it, but mine did.  He likes it because they can have you drink a colored fluid (blue power ade for example) and it would make it really obvious if you had a leak.     Its gross, but its only for a short period of time.  

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Poppygail
on 3/12/13 8:51 am - Florence, KY
RNY on 03/06/13

My surgeon only uses it when he thinks it absolutely necessary. I did not have one.

meeshelle
on 3/12/13 9:04 am
RNY on 03/04/13

i had one it was removed today actually just to collect any fluids hanging about

Visit my blog as I travel this new developing road. :)

http://iveweightedalongtimeforthis.blogspot.com/

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??