Holy fracking ow!!!!

aesposito
on 3/11/13 12:52 pm

Hi all,

So I've been living my life, doing my thing, eating my stuff, almost forgetting sometimes I had massive surgery a year and a half ago.  Weight fluctuates between 155 and 160, depending on TOM, etc.  Size 14 pants.  Size L shirt.  Boobs down to my knees but otherwise running is mostly keeping the skin thing in check.

Then yesterday I am munching on one of my favorite snacks.  Smartfood White Cheddar popcorn.  I eat it at least twice a week since it's free at work.  I am munching and driving home from work (and probably not paying 100 percent attention to chewing) and all of a sudden... ow!!!!

Something got seriously stuck.  Waves of stomach pain, chest pain, reminded me of the time I was about a month out of surgery and I nearly called 911 after eating some ground beef and wanting to die.

Lasted almost 2 hours.  I got home and drank a lot and laid down until whatever it was finally shifted and moved its way down where it belonged.

Just goes to show you, you always have to be on guard.  Chew dammit!  And just when you least expect it, Pouchy will remind you he is still there, doing his job.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

snel001
on 3/11/13 1:21 pm - TX
I ate some popcorn at the movie recently for the first time wince wls in Aug 2012 and also felt blocked! Thought I was being really careful to chew it up well but had to throw up when I got home. Very painful. Sure won't try popcorn again any time soon!

Larry Wassmann
on 3/11/13 9:33 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

Try air poped corn. Any of that stuff that comes in a bag or you get from the movies, has way too much oil in it and salt. Even the ones they call lite. Just air pop some yourself if you want it and put a little PAM on it and a small amount of salt. For me, if I have maybe 3 cups I don't have any problems, but if I ate that crap at the movies, even if I didn't have them put that ransid greese on it, I would barf I am sure. I know I am no fun.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

aesposito
on 3/11/13 10:05 pm

Larry,

Thank you for your input:

1. Smartfood is air popped.

2. I did not puke, if you read my message you will learn that it got stuck.

3. I do not generally watch fat or salt.  As I said in my message, I just happen to eat the Smartfood because it is free at work.  When I weighed 340 pounds I watched fat and salt like a hawk.  It got me to 340 pounds.  Then I learned that food companies often add sugar and chemical fillers to make up for the "low fat" aspect of their food.  So post-surgery all I count is sugar/carbs, and while I don't get obsessed about fat content, I do focus on "good" fats.

I was trying to illustrate to the newer patients on the board that they must always be on their guard when they eat and how they chew, even when they think they are home-free.  Unless someone has a sensitivity to fats (which admittedly some people do), there is no need to avoid fat in moderation.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views