foamies? and blood?

missmomof4
on 2/19/13 10:56 pm
RNY on 09/10/12
Here is a bit of background:
Yesterday I ate crackers for the first time. Probably about 4 or 5. I felt very full the rest of the day. During the evening, I felt very bloated and I took some gas x. Fast forward to 1 am. I wake up and get dizzy when I stand (happens all the time) and I'm thirsty, so I take a few sips of powerade. Then I suddenly wake up around 3:45 feeling sick. Like nothing I have felt since surgery. I felt like I was going to vomit and it felt like it would be like the exorcist, the feeling was that strong. My mouth immediately begin to fill with saliva, and it was foamy. I got up to spit it into the sink and there was a bit of blood in there. Not a lot. When I have a cough, sometimes I see the same thing, but that is from a strained throat. There was no straining in spitting the saliva out. Soooo...I will call my surgeons office today, but to be honest, they are terrible at returning calls, so I was curious if any of you have.experienced this, or had ideas what could have caused it.

HW 366 SW 318 CW 299
DangerGirl
on 2/19/13 11:48 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/17/12

I guess my first thought would be that a piece of the cracker was not chewed down and caused a block but I don't know about the blood.

How do you feel now?

missmomof4
on 2/20/13 12:25 am
RNY on 09/10/12

I still feel bloated and SUPER gassy :( Even the Gas X is not helping..but other then that, I feel ok, except I have zero desire to eat, I'm afraid to feel like I did yesterday. 

HW 366 SW 318 CW 299
H.A.L.A B.
on 2/20/13 4:18 am

Either food poisoning - or Maybe you developed ulcers...  Call the doc if you can .. hope it is just a stomach virus.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

missmomof4
on 2/20/13 5:46 am
RNY on 09/10/12

Ulcers have been my concern for a bit now, because I was experiencing pain whenever I would eat or drink. The surgeon ordered an upper GI and it was normal. I did call first thing this morning and I am STILL waiting for a cb. They take their sweet time there ;/ .. the surgeon is an excellent surgeon, but I found out too late that his after care leaves a lot of room for improvement. I have a great support with my insurance though. So if I do not get a cb, I will call my pcp or my bariatric team nurse. 

HW 366 SW 318 CW 299
_Donna_
on 2/20/13 5:19 am

A silly question, but are you sure it's blood and not saliva stained by red powerade?

RNY 5-5-2011

missmomof4
on 2/20/13 5:44 am
RNY on 09/10/12

Not a silly questions at all! But the powerade wasn't red and the saliva wasn't tinged red, it had streaks in it...but at first I thought the same thing until I remembered what I drank 

HW 366 SW 318 CW 299
Spinika
on 2/20/13 6:01 am - MD
RNY on 10/10/12

Don't know about the saliva, but you should get your dizziness checked out...it sounds like you are really dehydrated, which can lead to dangerous low blood pressure, hence you get dizzy when you stand, etc... My blood pressure became dangerously low just before Christmas.  I had to  come off of some meds that had diuretic properties, and it took a week or two to level off....

Spinia  

missmomof4
on 2/20/13 8:17 am
RNY on 09/10/12

Thank you, I know fluids is my biggest struggle! But I have had dizzy spells and low bp since before surgery, I know it's low bp and on days I fail at my fluid intake, it is worse. There really isn't much my doctor can do about it, other then tell me to salt my food, and suggest I add power ade to my fluids every day...

HW 366 SW 318 CW 299
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 218 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 375 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views