Well....I got my date.

thynnlynn
on 1/30/13 12:16 am - MI

After losing my 1/4/13 date because of the thyroid business, my new date is April 1st (April Fool's Day yet)  but they will call me if there are any cancellations any earlier.  It is kind of far out for me as I have to have another major surgery as soon as this heals and need to be in decent shape by July, but it is what it is.  I just noticed that it was merely turned around, 1/4 to 4/1!  I guess I will take the humor in that and hope something comes up a little sooner.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/30/13 1:18 am

I will cross my fingers that a sooner date opens up. I am glad you were able to get your thyroid levels evened out!

April Fools is kind of a funny surgery date.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Tess0306
on 1/30/13 2:45 am - TX

Glad to here you have your new date!  Hopefully, something will come up sooner, but we will meet soon on the Loser's Bench!  

Tess    

thynnlynn
on 1/30/13 3:08 am - MI

Thanks!  I have just been so down because of cancelled surgeries.  I was scheduled 10/26 for a total hip revision.  I have a loose rod in my leg that is extremely painful.  I was ready to leave for the hospital when they called to say my team of surgeons cancelled and would call me the next morning.  It was for the best because they decided my surgery needed to be done at a giant hospital as there were things that could go wrong that could leave me never being able to walk properly.

While having a pity party about this and already being cleared for surgery by all of my -ologists, I discovered that the place that did my band now accepts Medicare, so scheduled that in the meantime, only to be cancelled at pre-op on the day after Christmas.

Our summer fun is highlighted with music festivals and I need to be able to be ambulatory as I do a lot of walking and have to climb in and out of our 5th wheel.  With this surgery at April 1st, there is no way I will be healed enough to schedule the second surgery and be okay by summer.  Odd as it sounds. standing and walking does not usually hurt my leg, where sitting and laying down does.  Sometimes, but not always.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for an earlier date.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Lori F.
on 1/30/13 3:34 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12
Congrats on getting your date (it is a pretty funny one) and finger crossed you get an earlier one.

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

Most Active
Recent Topics