Attempting a liquid day?

groovykg
on 1/20/13 10:19 pm - VA
RNY on 02/27/13

I've been trying to do an all liquid day for quite some time, in preparation for my pre and post op time, and I just can't seem to do it.  I just got some Premier shakes yesterday, so now I feel it might be doable.

Has anyone else attempted a liquid day before you had to buckle down and do it?  I've got another 4 weeks before my pre-op diet begins.

Lori F.
on 1/20/13 10:26 pm, edited 1/20/13 11:17 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

My surgeon didn't require a liquid diet except a clear liquid the day before, but I did an all liquid diet for a couple of weeks and then the week before surgery did liquid except for a protein and veg only dinner to help me loose as much as possible before surgery.  I lost 9 lbs in the two weeks before surgery.

Also, what helped me was every time I got the urge to eat, I ate sugar free Popsicles or jello.

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

angeleigh
on 1/20/13 10:34 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Try working up to all liquid. So Start with 1 meal protein shake, do that for a few days then do 2 meals shakes. Then a few days later do 3 shakes, and one lean meat, with a veggie for dinner.  For me I had to do the 2 week liquid diet, it sucked but I started doing the shakes at 4 weeks. So i did 2 a day for those 2 weeks, then when my pre-op diet started I just went to 4 a day. Sometimes if I was having a hard time those first few days I would have an hard boiled egg, or Italian ice (which was allowed on my plan)

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

amyred27
on 1/20/13 11:03 pm

Im trying one today to!! Just keep your thoughts positive and believe in yourself

fancy_nancy
on 1/20/13 11:24 pm
RNY on 01/22/13

I had every intention of doing that the two weeks before surgery but didn't do so well at it. My surgeon does not require a liquid diet before surgery, just the day before (which I am on today...). I was able to do an all liquid diet and just one meal for the past 5 days or so which I was able to lose six pounds the last week before surgery. I think doing it in small steps is an easy way to work up to it. Good luck!

pastorkerry
on 1/21/13 12:05 am - GA
RNY on 12/20/12
I could not make myself do it until I had too. I am glad I was forced too because it taught me that I was strong enough to follow the program after the surgery. Good luck!
Malinda H.
on 1/21/13 12:57 am - Grand Rapids, MI
RNY on 01/15/13

My surgeon didn't require me to total liquid until post-op. I really didn't eat before my surgery. Try one meal a day for 6 days and build yourself up until all liquid post op.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views