It hurts to sit...my butt must be getting smaller LOL

dinas27
on 1/9/13 11:46 am - IL
RNY on 09/10/12

Today I was sitting at my desk, and all of a sudden my butt just was killing me, like I had been sitting on a hard surface for a long time.  I stood up and stretched, then sat back down again, and it hurt again.  Does this mean my butts getting smaller..lol  Less cushin for the chair.   I'm not complaining, just wondering.

Dina

Ladyintheloop
on 1/9/13 12:18 pm - TX
RNY on 07/08/13

Sounds like a skinny girl problem to me!!  

My dad has no butt at all and suffers from tailbone pains. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/13 12:37 pm, edited 1/9/13 12:37 pm

Boy, can I relate.  The first few months I thought I was going to go nuts from the pain in my butt. .  I didn't have a problem with alot of fat on my butt so naturally that is one of the places my body wanted to lose.  I could not sit for more than 15 minutes at a time and I would have to get up and that's from sitting in a recliner!  It didn't matter what I sat on, it killed me.  I am now at 8 eight months and no problem, but yes, you are feeling the loss in your butt, which is a good thing but man, does that hurt!  I bought all types of pillows and nothing helped me, but that was me.  You may find something that works for you.  Maybe that's where the expression "A pain in the butt" came from!  Take care!  Jane

Lizzie S.
on 1/9/13 1:02 pm

I noticed bhe butt pain within a week or two of surgery,.,,ouch!   I'm almost 2 yrs post-op and still have issues with this same thing albeit not so frequently .   Fortunately the church I attend is very casual and they don't mind people getting up to stretch their legs, get coffee, use the loo, as long as it is not disruptive.   So I am able to get up and down as much as I like, change positions, etc.   sometimes I doze, lolol....at least then, my butt doesn't bother me, lol.  tried all the pillows in my house for a comfy one but none to be found.

Lizzie S in OR

KendraB1
on 1/9/13 1:19 pm - DE
RNY on 11/05/12
Bwahaha! I thought I was going nuts. I've noticed lately when I sit that it hurts. I can feel my butt bone pressing on the seat. Glad Im not the only one having that problem
cclopez
on 1/9/13 1:44 pm
Me too, six months post op. I also have a lot of loose skin on my butt that keep bunching up under me. It feels like I am sitting on something else but I am not! It makes it uncomfortable on exercise equipment too.
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/13 3:34 am

OMG I laughed because when I started to experience this I thought I was sitting on something!  Thank you for bringing this up.  You are the first I have heard on here besides me having this.  I am sure there are more out there!   Jane

abrannume
on 1/9/13 11:15 pm - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

I no longer have a butt, just a long back.

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/13 3:36 am

Ok, I am on the floor with this one!   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA OMG HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!  What is so sad is that it's true!    Bwahhahahahahaha!  Thanks for sharing that.  Jane

stanggirl89
on 1/10/13 12:11 am - DE

SKINNY GIRL PROBLEM LOL kiss had me laughin

I know how you feel. I sit at my job and i actually feel the bones.(feels like it anyways) Its not so comfortable to sit down anymore lol

and I agree I am not complaining either

May 16, 2012

HW:345 SW:329 GW:200(Jan 30,2013) 

Most Active