Frustrated!!

brandi31cole
on 1/3/13 5:52 am - arlington, TX

GRRR!!! I'm in the darkest, deepest depression right now! I'm 4 months post op, down 45 lbs., and down 10 clothing sizes. I was on a good track 2 months ago but had a work related injury so I can't strength train I can only walk. I feel like I should be down MORE.  I turn to food for comfort, so I end up eating a TON OF CARBS instead of protein. It frustrates me because my nutritionist won't answer my emails or phone calls because I don;t have insurance anymore. I specifically remember her saying the first 6 months after surgery were included in my surgery cost. I have only been to the office 2 times since my surgery. She didn't give me any instructions on how I should be eating. I feel SO alone, I can't find my here. You don't tell someone that has been 150 lbs. overweight for 28 years to eat sensibly, GRRRR!! Sorry, I'm just VERY frustrated. I keep trying to get her to help me get back on track. I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cajungirl
on 1/3/13 6:05 am

I just posted my "on track" plan on this thread.  At 4 months out, it may be more than you can eat at one time but I hope it gives you some suggestions.  Can you share what you are currently eating on a normal day, it will help others make suggestions for you.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4595690/Got-the-plan-from-my-surgeon-reasonable-or-drastic/ 

As for the depression are you currently taking meds to help you manage it?  If not, please see your doctor there is help. 

Hugs,

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

brandi31cole
on 1/3/13 6:17 am - arlington, TX

Thank you! I just visited the link and copied everything down. Thank you so much. I don't have a set eating plan or time. I get up around 11:00 am and I'll have a premier protein shake. About 1 hour later, even though I'm still full I will try and get about 2 ozs. of peanuts down. After that, my day takes a downward turn. I will eat whatever is in the house, chips, a cookie or 2, crackers, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. My mentality is that I've already messed up so I should just start over tomorrow. Tomorrow never comes. I WANT to stop, but I NEED to have a set plan that I follow. I have to see it on paper and follow it to the "T". I am on Cymbalta 20 mg, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Holley K.
on 1/3/13 8:11 am - Old Orchard Beach, ME

FYI:   20mg of Cymbalta is very low.  I think that is the starter dose doctors give to make sure the patient can tolerate it and then they increase it..  I work in a mental health office and most people on Cymbalta take 60mg.  I'm NOT a doctor, just letting you know what I've seen. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon. 

Dee.spunk
on 1/3/13 7:55 am - Sacramento, CA
I like this idea of eating this way. Very nice. I may do it!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

jewel-twin
on 1/3/13 6:23 am - Canada
Eating right for your stage should be 3 small meals a day and 3 snacks.... Always protien first! Then fruits/veggies. Nuts, carbs should be complex and very little if any simple white carbs!

Keep only healthy snacks on hand! If the junk isn't there you can't eat it! Simple carbs don't keep you full enough long enough! (They also make most people crave more)!

I'm sorry you are not feeling well! Try to see a dr! You don't have to suffer!

Juls

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

Darcy S.
on 1/3/13 6:31 am - Clinton, CT
Im so sorry you feel alone but congrats on reaching out!!! Just stick w the protein and then have veggies if you have room. Get rid of the junk. I too struggle if its around but guess what.... its always going to be around. I'm 12 months out and the carb/sugar bug has hold of me and I fight w them daily but if this RNY is going to work for us we need to fight the good fight as they say!!!

So bang your head into the game and let's do this thing...the healthly lifestyle living. This is only a tool and our heads need to be in the game. We are all here to support you so start right now. I will too. You deserve it and owe it to yourself.

Sending a hug!!!

Darcy

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

JamieM269
on 1/3/13 7:59 am - MI

The cook book Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies has been a great source of information for me, and has some great recipes.  Good Luck ((((hugs))))  

apurdie
on 1/3/13 10:21 am - CA

Walking is strengthening.  Your legs have weight and you are lifting them against gravity which is another weight.  Glad you are walking. You will get stronger!

brandi31cole
on 1/3/13 10:42 am - arlington, TX

Thanks for all of your replies. I spent the afternoon getting rid of all the junk food, buying wls for dummies book and cookbook, and contacting my PCP for a different anti depressant. Thanks everyone, you just don't know how much it meant for you to take the time to help me.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 67 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 67 views