Good Pritein Shake For Someone Who HATES Protien Shakes (ME)

DannyBoyDVG
on 12/31/12 5:26 am - AR

I found that Wal-Mart has Muscle Milk powder. I've heard it was suppose to be good but I was very skeptical because I have not been able to stomach ANY brand/flavor of protein premade shakes or powder. I got the chocolate mixed it up threw a banana in it in a blender and WOW its AMAZING!!!! Just though I would share for anyone having protein shake problems like I did. Also would love any ideas for other protein shakes you guys have tried, because if this is the only one i drink i know ill get burnt out on it like all the others. ALSO looking for any good sweets ideas I've had a MAJOR sweet tooth lightly. Thanks for any help ^_^

cstarr
on 12/31/12 5:51 am, edited 12/31/12 1:50 pm
RNY on 11/15/12
I am about to shamelessly promote a fb page. Bariatric Foodie has tons of recipes. Shakes, sweets, drinks, dips, main dishes, side dishes the list goes on. You might check them out. That site has been helpful for me. Although I have yet to find a protein shake that I can keep down.

cstarr

emt_amy
on 12/31/12 11:02 pm - MN
i concur!!!!! she is awesome!!! also melting mama and eggface are good too!!!
they are on fb too.

SilverCrystal
on 12/31/12 6:05 am

You know, i have tried MANY MANY different kinds too i could NEVER keep on protien shakes because they grossed me out after a while, so i went to bars.. I was always curious about muscle milk but i was afaid of spending the money on a gross powder i didnt like.. so i was looking in a health food store and they had chocolate muscle milk in lil bottle.. ready to drink.. it was pricey..like $5.25 but OMG i thought what have i been missing?!?! I bought the power it is awesome with jus****er, i tried milk in it i didnt like it as much..but i have finally found my protien shake i have been looking for ...i have requested that my husband and son buy me those expensive ones for my birthday coming

happygrandma
on 12/31/12 6:46 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

My grandsons' are both athletes and use Muscle Milk every morning.  I also have been reluctant to spend the money (although at least I know they will use it if I don't).. I tried Unjury and hated it - although I've talked to several people who like it a lot.  Guess I'll try the Muscle Milk.  I've been using Premier protein from Costco.  It's ready to drink and not bad but I usually dilute it a bit with milk.  I'd like to have a powder - easy for traveling.

Mary Catherine
on 12/31/12 6:42 am

I use Lean Dessert Chocolate with skim milk and some sugar-free cool whip.  Really rich and creamy milkshake and so healthy.

madeformore
on 12/31/12 6:46 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Atkins Advantage Mocha Latte is the only one I drink. There brand is so much thinner than the others. I couldn't handle the texture of most of them. Ick. Now I am addicted to the Mocha Latte ones - I have one nearly every day and have since my pre-op diet in June! Still not sick of them. Pour them over ice for my morning iced coffee.

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Mizzou_Fan
on 12/31/12 7:06 am - MO
RNY on 12/06/12

From what I've learned people are sooooo different on this topic.People who like a certain brand,meanwhile others loathe it.I myself can't stand Muscle Milk.I like most of the Syntrax Nectars.For a RTD shake,I like the Premier Protein I buy at Sam's 30 grams protein in 11 oz.,with only 1 gram of sugar.

MultiMom
on 12/31/12 7:20 am - NH

As I am sitting here I am sipping on a Big Train Fit Frappe hot espresso. I was a little short on my protein goal for the day and it is cold out. Every morning I have a hot Click mocha. Sometimes in the summer I will have the Click cold too.

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

poet_kelly
on 12/31/12 9:01 am - OH

Check out www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com for recipes for protein ice cream.  It's yummy and makes a great treat.

Try adding other things to your chocolate protein powder.  If you like coffee flavored drinks, add a spoonful of decaf instant coffee crystals and make a mocha shake.  Add a spoonful of peanut butter to make a peanut butter cup shake.  Add a couple drops (only need a couple drops) of peppermint extract (find it in the baking aisle of the grocery store) for a chocolate mint shake.  Put a handful of ice in the blender and it will make your shake more like a milk shake, thicker, frostier, like that.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 297 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views