Hypoglycemia - another wacky low blood sugar.... after eating tuna and green beans????

saralynne65
on 12/26/12 12:26 pm
Revision on 01/23/13

I also do not mean to be rude in anyway and am hypoglycemic myself at times-it is scary! But I wonder what your age is and if possibly you may be experiencing peri menopause symptoms? I had an awful early onset (40) menopause experience with a lot of internal shaky feelings, sweats,hot flash/cold flash, crying jags etc.. Still had my periods at the onset but wow I remember feeling just like you are describing! ((Hugs))

I figured out what it was when describing how I felt at my yearly gyn exam I broke down in tears. My gyn doc drew blood levels of my estrogen and follicle stimulating hormone and surprise! Anyway-he was able to put me on a low dose hormone which helped immensely.

Maybe this has absolutely nothing to do with your symptoms but if you are pushing 40 or above would n't hurt to get your levels checked..Hoping you feel better very soon!

~Saralynne

SweetGirl11
on 12/26/12 12:48 pm
Saralynne, you're not being rude! I'm 48, going to be 49 next week. I am DEFINITELY in perimenopause. My gyno checked my hormone levels and said I'm not in menopause yet but in the transition. Thank you for your help!

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

Amanda M.
on 12/26/12 12:14 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
I hope this doesnt sound rude, but maybe you should go to the ER. Every time I come back here there is amother hypoglycemia post by you. I know you have a couple weeks until your appointment, but no one here is an expert. No one knows your diet, your BS machine, the strips you use, the location of the test, what your baseline readings are, your history, etc. My sister has severe diabetes and I know her levels can vary from minute to minute. She used to test only from her belly but switched to her fingers. The strips that "suck" up blood read different than standard strips. She also sometimes has different readings if she uses a different machine. Illnesses can also cause wonky levels.

My point is, no one can tell you if your levels are accurate, normal or indicative of a serious problem, no matter how many times you post about it. If you cannot wait until your doctors appointment in a couple weeks, go to the ER or urgent care next time you have a spell.

SweetGirl11
on 12/26/12 12:53 pm
Amanda, you're not being rude! I appreciate you're response. I wanted to see my PCP tomorrow but she's not in tomorrow, so they gave me an appt for Friday. If I'm feeling bad tomorrow, I will go to the ER.

RNY 6/8/2009  

Amanda M.
on 12/26/12 1:02 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
Good! It is important to take care of things right away! But I am a paranoid type, I go to the doctor all the time! Lol

KathyS28
on 12/26/12 1:53 pm - MA

I think green beans are high in carbs. You may want to check the glycemic index on different veggies. Hope you are feeling better.

SweetGirl11
on 12/26/12 2:03 pm
According to the nutrition information, there are 2 grams of carbs per half cup serving, and I ate one cup. I never had a problem with it before. Thanks for writing!

RNY 6/8/2009  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??