Still just don't feel good....no energy

happygrandma
on 12/24/12 6:01 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

My surgery was a week ago today.  I don't think I'm doing enough.  Haven't been out of the house, just don't want to do anything.  Is this normal?  I brought home envelopes to stuff from work, do about 15 minutes and that's enough.  Not to say I'm doing absolutely nothing.  I did precook the turkey today and packed it all up to reheat tomorrow.  I did a couple loads of laundry.  But it seems like nothing.

CarolF3
on 12/24/12 6:10 am - Albany, NY
RNY on 12/17/12

Greetings,

My surgery was the same day as yours. Are you getting in enough fluids? sip, sip, sip pretty much constantly.

What about your vitamins, B-12 and Calcium citrate?

I feel a bit tired but have been out walking-hubby took me out to Walmart early this morning for a little walking-too cold outside to walk.

Tomorrow will be on the treadmill for a little bit. don't overdo.

Your body is recovering from a major surgery and needs it's rest time to recover as well as the fluids for hydration.

Carol

Holley K.
on 12/24/12 6:24 am - Old Orchard Beach, ME

My surgery was on the 10th.  I felt like you do at first.  I was even starting to feel a little depressed about it all.  Then about 3 days ago it all turned around.  I started feeling better, going out and getting things done.  You will get there very soon. :)

Susan2012
on 12/24/12 6:26 am

Everybody is different. Also your age if your a little older. Just keep moving. Drink, drink, drink.

Debbie W.
on 12/24/12 6:34 am
RNY on 12/11/12

I didn't turn the corner until about day 8 or 9.....everyone is different.   I am 2 weeks post op tomorrow and still get very tired.  You just had major surgery.....it will will take time...

RebeccaElise
on 12/24/12 7:38 am - Quincy, MA

It happens. I'm 2 weeks PO now and last week I was still very tired after 10 minutes on my feet. I talked to my surgeon about it and he said to just keep doing 10 minute walks and work up to more. The GBP is MAJOR SURGERY even if it was done laprascopically. Also, your short attention span for work could be due to the fact that there is still anesthesia in your body. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks to fully work it's way out of my body. "Brain fog" is a common symptom of the anesthesia.

happygrandma
on 12/24/12 8:12 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

Thanks everybody, that makes me feel better,  And I'm probably older than most of you (60) so that plays a part too.

apurdie
on 12/24/12 2:42 pm - CA

I think it is normal. The first two weeks are the hardest!

Silverbelle69
on 12/24/12 7:14 pm - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12

You're completely normal!!   Time and hydration will work wonders.

Laura in Texas
on 12/24/12 10:49 pm

Perfectly normal. Rest up. You had major surgery and your body is still adjusting. Make sure you are getting as much fluids and protein in as you can (but do not worry if you are not getting it all in yet).

I was exhausted the first few weeks and really did not get my energy fully bac****il about the six month mark. Hang in there!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 312 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 229 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views