Small things that I am finding exciting

thynnlynn
on 12/18/12 1:56 am - MI

I had to make a stop at our local thrift store yesterday and found the cutest little squatty glasses that look more like bowls and will make for the perfect portion  sizes I will need for quite some time post-op for 30 cents each.  Bought a bunch and as they are glass, can be put in the microwave.

We are doing our final Christmas shopping tomorrow and I plan on stopping at a dollar store and getting some little baby spoons to force me to slow down and eat small bites.  This is an area where I will need control help.

Excuse some of my silly posts, but I have no family support, only online.

Blessings!

Lynn

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

karenp8
on 12/18/12 3:22 am - Brighton, IL

Your posts aren't silly at all--that's what we are here for!

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 12/18/12 3:38 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12

I'm scared to microwave glass. I don't know if anything glass has ever actually broken in my microwave, but it makes me nervous. If you're confident, you're no doubt correct!

Good job being proactive! 

lizpete
on 12/18/12 4:25 am - Marlboro, MA

No post is really silly.  I too find myself without much support and have found this board and its members invaluable in my journey.  Keep posting we will listen,

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/18/12 6:01 am - OH

FWIW, some people find that the teeny tiny bites one is limited to with a baby spoon makes it hard to chew sufficiently because there is so little in your mouth.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

thynnlynn
on 12/18/12 6:09 am - MI

Thanks for the hint.  Should I run into that problem, I have plenty of regular silverware to choose from and I am only spending a dollar for a set of baby spoons.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Dee.spunk
on 12/18/12 8:36 am - Sacramento, CA
Not silly at all! It's the little things that keep me goin! I use the tiny bowl and tiny spoons too. I feel it helps me mind my portions. I think I went overboard with all the tiny bowls though! I have so many now!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Most Active
Recent Topics