Here we go!!!

justin_in_ar
on 12/17/12 9:57 am - AR

I am scheduled for my bypass surgery tomorrow 12-18, I feel like I have done as much as I can to prepare myself physically and mentally for this, but sometimes I am left wondering. I would like any last minute tips to help me feel prepared. What should I expect right after surgery and the few days right after.

laurie91566
on 12/17/12 1:50 pm - OH

I am with ya ! I am having surgery 12-19 , I feel prepared, but I think it is natural to wonder if you forgot anything.. I am doing the same thing.   I think we need to prepare for gas pain, nausea and lots of walking and resting... Some of the post kinda freak me out..( LOL)  But WE CAN DO THIS !!   Everyday will get easier !

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 12/17/12 2:42 pm - OR
RNY on 04/06/12

As you've seen, there are many different experiences right after surgery. In my case, I needed an extra lip balm, had to watch the "food" they brought me (one RN tried to get me to drink grape juice when not only was I an RNY patient but also a diabetic), found  it very hard to get walking in the hospital, didn't have unmanageable pain, and was glad I'd prepared my home with reacher-grabbers and other measures to prevent lifting and bending. I used a walker the first two days at home. The early days can be very easy if you are cautious.

Bon voyage!

Most Active