Only 17 Days to Wait!!!

thynnlynn
on 12/18/12 3:59 am - MI

I simply cannot believe how fast this happened for me.  I never even throught to call about this until the middle of November but was still so disappointed that my hip revision had been put off and I was still so sick every day for the last four years from what appears to be a slipped band.  While surfing the web, I discovered that Barix, where I had the band put in now does accept Medicare and I found they had a surgeon who also had an office much closer to me (1-1/1 hour drive v. 3 hours) for follow-up care.  I called Dr. Taylor's office in the morning and the girl asked me if I could be there by 3pm.  Well, sure.

Drove down there and there was another gal and he did a seminar for us.  Having been through this with the banding and watching the live RNY on YouTube, was familiar with all of this.  I saw him privately after and he removed all of the fill in my band which cut the vomiting in half!!!  Because I already had clearance for the other surgery and all of my -ologists had signed off, letters were immediately faxed to his office.  I think we got insurance approval a couple of days later.  They scheduled me for 2/25.  Then they called with a cancellation and asked if I was available on 1/4.   Well, sure!!!

Start to finish in about 1-1/2 months or less?  I am still pinching myself!!

With getting all ready during this holiday season, the days have been flying by for me and I just realized that I only have a little over 2 weeks to go,  My pre-op testing and meeting with the dietician is on 12/26 which is wonderful!!!  We live in the middle of a national forest and it is a long drive to anywhere, so I will be in a big city and be able to take advantage of all those day-after-Christmas sales.

The stars really aligned themselves for me!

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

LucysJourney
on 12/18/12 4:43 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Awesome...very quick indeed.  Good Luck...my date is 1/14/13...so about two weeks behind you.  I look forward to hearing your updates.

Lori F.
on 12/18/12 4:50 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

That's great!  Congrats!

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

brandyle1975
on 12/18/12 9:40 am - Williamston, NC
RNY on 01/04/13

Awesome news!!! It took me a lot longer but my insurance kept changing the "guidelines". Grrrr. I will be having my gastric bypass on 1/4/2013 also! Good luck to you!

Neaucora
on 12/18/12 11:38 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

Congrats!! That is so awesome!!! angry

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 349 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 311 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?