Pain in left side while i eat & after

missmomof4
on 12/9/12 8:30 am
RNY on 09/10/12

So pretty much the title says it lol...the last few days whenever i eat or drink anything i get pain on my left side that lasts for about an hour or so ... then will come back as soon as i eat or drink. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? I have a follow up with my surgeon on thursday but idk if i should be seen before then. thanks in advance!

HW 366 SW 318 CW 299
Larry Wassmann
on 12/9/12 9:11 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

Could you be constipated? That is the only time I felt like that. Took some milk of magnesia and that helped. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

manda2108
on 12/9/12 2:26 pm

I would go ahead and call your surgeons office in the morning and let them know you are having pain when you eat...they may want to bump up your appointment. Hope you get some relief soon!

Susan M.
on 12/9/12 8:37 pm - Howell, MI

I have this on going issue, they have not found anything and say it might be constipation but I go every day and even have it with just liquids, I am trying to keep track of what i eat and how much when it is happening but so far I can not see a pattern. I hope you get a answer and please share it. Good luck. 

Age 56 Height 4' 11" 

Lindsay J.
on 12/9/12 10:34 pm - Minot, ND
RNY on 09/05/12

I have this happen off and on, most of the time it's at night. It will also radiate to my back and shoulders, it's awful. I find that it tends to be built up gas and where I am sitting and how I am sitting when I eat (mostly when I drink) something makes a huge difference, but if I get up and walk around and burp a few times it tends to go away.

missmomof4
on 12/9/12 11:12 pm
RNY on 09/10/12
Thank you everyone for your replies. I do get constipated but I actually was able to go haha and it hasn't helped :/ its also tender to the touch after I eat or drink. So I will call my surgeons office today. Hopefully I can get some answers and I will share!

HW 366 SW 318 CW 299
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 375 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views