NSV

justinplex
on 12/4/12 5:59 am - Kilgore, TX

Haha, happy days! Finally broke down and bought some new clothes since I basically had to keep hold of my pants to keep them on. Bought a pair of jeans 2 sizes smaller that what I wore, and they were actually kinda big still! I could have bought the next smaller size! This feels like a win to me... :-P

I've been keeping myself busy, so I have not been on here much, but here is an update. I am now at 311 lbs.(started my journey at 403) and working hard to get under 300 for the 1st time in probably 15 years! I've gotten into a routin now where I walk 1 mile(1.17 actually) in the morning, and then I walk anywhere from 1-2.5 miles in the evening! Will be joining my local fitness center in January as well. Getting my vitamins, protein, and liquids in every day is a piece of cake now.

I guess the only thing that I need are better food ideas? I get bored eating the same things over and over. So anyone have any interesting recipes to share?

Justin T. Johnson                            
lizpete
on 12/4/12 6:25 am - Marlboro, MA

WOOHOO!!!!!  Great job keep up the good work.

ToNewBeginnings
on 12/4/12 6:41 am

Congrats on your weight loss.

I've heard if you search "the world according to eggface" she has a lot of recipes.

artroxy blue
on 12/4/12 7:03 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Check out Nik's blog http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/

molly3613
on 12/4/12 7:10 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13
Chicken:
Mix thoroughly 8 ozs FF sour cream, 1 can FF cream of chicken soup and one pkg. Liptons dry onion soup mix. I then put 4 chicken breasts in the crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours or so. Very moist and tender with a soupy gravy. You can also bake but slowly like 325.

Put chicken in either baking dish or crock pot and douse liberally with salsa. Crock on low for 4 hours or bake slooooooowly.

Both so easy and fall apart tender. Just cook SLOWLY?

fireflymkz76
on 12/4/12 7:37 am - Blairsville, GA
RNY on 07/24/12

excellent!  I haven't had to buy new pants yet because my gut is the last place I lose weight!  My pants are bigger though.

I am fond of fried eggs with runny yolks lately.  I can't eat scrambled eggs anymore but fried is cool

check out my blog: http://alwaysl8totheparty.blogspot.com/      
Barbara W.
on 12/4/12 8:33 am - Binghamton, NY
RNY on 02/06/13

I just started my journey towards RNY today!!! So needless to say I'm googling for all sorts of information and found this site: http://www.leanitup.com/30-protein-packed-small-meal-ideas-under-250-calories/2/         Obviously since I haven't yet been through the surgery I don't know all of what can/can't be tolerated but these looked interesting/tasty. Hope it helps

Barb

RNY scheduled 2/6/13

slashes
on 12/4/12 9:40 am

Way to go - it is a great feeling when you can buy new clothing for sure. I have some recipes on y blog - linky below - stop by and check them out. Congrats again on your new digs.

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

Knowknews
on 12/4/12 10:31 am - OH

Oh good news on the WL!!  I've been wondering how you've been doing.  I do 30 minutes of walking a day and started my exercises yesterday.  Also VERY bored with eating.  Still having some trouble getting all of my liquids and proteins in.  Thanks for posting, as it is a very good subject.  Best wishes.  -Les

RNY 10/29/12   HW:  295   SW: 273    DGW: 170   MGW: 145

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 310 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 228 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 0 replies · 19 views