Surgery in the Morning

Jennifer B.
on 12/3/12 9:32 am
RNY on 12/04/12

Surgery is tomorrow and I am having really terrible anxiety about everything. I don't know why I have had 3 previous surgeries for other things before and never got like this. I will say that my anxiety has taken a big leap from what it was when I was younger to when I was pregnant with my second daughter in 2010. I am seriously at a loss here. I really want this surgery and am trying to find that happy place but I  am also psyching myself out at the same time. Can someone please help me? I really do want this surgery and I want to be able to get past thisindecision.

slashes
on 12/3/12 9:52 am

Relax and know it is normal to be freaking out - your having surgery for goodness sake. I did the same thing the night before - cried in bed to my husband asking if I was doing the right thing etc... Listen you have worked hard to get to this point and now it is here. Let me tell you this, it will be over before you know it, you will do just fine and your new life will start tomorrow.

I have only one regret with the surgery and that is not doing it sooner. It was the best thing I have even done and I am just about 11 months post op and feel fantastic. So push those nerves aside and picture the new you that is going to come and how great you are going to feel.

Good Luck!!! Relax!!! SEnding you xoxo

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

acochran
on 12/3/12 9:53 am - GA

Relax !  Everything will be fine. I had surgery 7 weeks ago and I am amazed at the results. You get great medicine right before they put you to sleep and then you wake up a new and improved person !

Hugs!

Jennifer B.
on 12/3/12 9:57 am
RNY on 12/04/12

Thanks y'all I am in total freak out mode I guess. I am glad I am not the only one who felt this way before. Gonna try and relax, show up and become a better me.... I will see y'all on the loser's bench then :) Thank you again! It is def better hearing it from someone who has been there.

slashes
on 12/3/12 10:17 am

Distract yourself with some bad TV until you fall asleep - lol. You are gonna do great and then get all skinny.

Follow My Gastric Bypass Story
This is where I share it all - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

RNY: 01-23-2012 Weight day of Surgery - 286lbs ~ Weight as of 09-13-2013 164lbs

CarolF3
on 12/3/12 11:15 am - Albany, NY
RNY on 12/17/12

I hear from others in my support group that pre-surgery jitters is quite common. All will be well. You will do fine.

Carol

Lindsey B.
on 12/3/12 12:24 pm - MI
RNY on 11/19/12

I had surgery two weeks ago, and I didn't have any nervousness until the night before.  I just kept telling myself that no matter what, it will be worth it in the end.  I wouldn't let myself think any negative or worrisome thoughts.  My surgery went just fine, and I bet yours will, too!

sydney1976
on 12/3/12 12:32 pm - MD

We are going to  share  a surgery date. I am sure you will be fine, you;ll have to check in with me after.

Sydney

Jennifer B.
on 12/4/12 11:06 am
RNY on 12/04/12
We sure do its a journeywe will take together.
Ksan32
on 12/3/12 1:29 pm - AZ

I will say a prayer for you. God bless and welcome to the other side!angry

I am currently at 130 lbs 10 pounds below goal weight!

Recent Topics