3 Months Out Needing help with diet

brandi31cole
on 11/27/12 3:36 pm - arlington, TX

Hi! I'm now 3 months out and I can't get any help from my NUT to help with my meal plans. My husband lost his job last month and since then I can't get any help with what I should be eating to maximize my weight loss. Its very frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mcmanis
on 11/27/12 5:31 pm - CA
VSG on 08/29/12

Do you not haave the book that gave you in the begining of the process. Kaiser has a book online that shows all the meal plans

HW-300 SW-259.5 CW-175 GW-140
M1:24 M2:15 M3:14 M4:4 M5:12 M6:8 M7:7 M8:0 M9:0 M10:5

Barbi468
on 11/27/12 8:31 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12

I never got a book from my NUT, just gave me a few papers outlining it some, I wi**** was more.  :/

I am going to check out that book though.

Good Luck, and sorry your going through a hard time right now.  :( My husband was laid off a year ago and things did work out, hang in there.

ScottAD
on 11/27/12 9:07 pm - Lenoir, NC
RNY on 07/31/12

Hi there,

What kind of budget are we talking about? I only ask this because you had stated that your husband had lost his job. I'm assuming that makes things a bit difficult.

With the loss of income the first thing you will need to make sure you are getting is your vitamins that you are taking by pill, sublingual etc.

The rest is focusing on protein. If you aren't doing shakes or cannot afford protein powder you'll have to be more thrifty. I pick up some pre-packaged turkey breast meat from Wal-Mart. It's fat-free, 20 calories per slice with 5 grams of protein. Easily something to have a few slices with some low-fat cheese (no fat cheese is gross btw.) 

For a whole meal plan I'd have to consider that more but you should be on 3 meals 2 snacks a day by now. Keep it protein-centric and I think you'll do okay.

Barbi468
on 11/27/12 9:41 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12

This looks like good info. I just started reading through it so didn't get all the way to the end. Thought I would share.

I am a slow reader so posting now or it will never get out there.  :)

http://www.permanente.net/homepage/kaiser/pdf/63278.pdf

Karens62
on 11/27/12 10:19 pm - NC
RNY on 02/26/13
Thanks for posting the link, that's a nice reference for us non-Kaiser patients
Larry Wassmann
on 11/27/12 9:58 pm, edited 11/27/12 9:58 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

That is an excellent reference from Kaiser. The one I got is similar but in hard copy or I would post it here. With that kind of documentation if everyone would read it and go by what it says I think there would be far less problems that people are having. Thanks for posting, I kept a reference to it on my computer. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

brandi31cole
on 11/28/12 1:18 am - arlington, TX

Thanks everyone for your advice. I purchased my vitamins in bulk before my husband lost his job, so I have enough for like 4 months. I also purchased protein powder in bulk, but didn't know if I was supposed to only be using REAL food to meet my protein requirement. Thanks for posting the link for the online book, my NUT only gave me a few papers outlining what we should avoid.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 69 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 69 views