What is a Sticture?

Victoria A.
on 11/13/12 5:56 pm - MI
RNY on 10/29/12

I woke up this morning and I feel as though something is stuck right in the middle of my throat. It almost feels like my throat is closing! I can get my liquids, jello, hot cereal etc... down. I don't throw it up. My throat feels a bit scratchy. Any ideas of ehat it might be?

poet_kelly
on 11/13/12 7:51 pm - OH
On November 14, 2012 at 1:56 AM Pacific Time, Victoria A. wrote:

I woke up this morning and I feel as though something is stuck right in the middle of my throat. It almost feels like my throat is closing! I can get my liquids, jello, hot cereal etc... down. I don't throw it up. My throat feels a bit scratchy. Any ideas of ehat it might be?

A stricture is when the opening between your pouch and small intestine gets too small.  It's not in your throat and it would not make your throat sore or scratchy.  It sounds like you may have a bit of a sore throat or a bit of a throat infection.  Do you have any other symptoms of a cold or flu?  If it keeps bothering you, you should probably go see your PCP.  It probably isn't related to your WLS, if it's your throat.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

TamiN
on 11/26/12 2:50 am, edited 11/26/12 2:50 am - San Jose, CA
RNY on 10/29/12

I've had that same feeling but not in my throat, it's at the end of my chest bone between my breasts. Actually slightly below my breasts. Other people on this site have told me it could be from eating too or too much. The only relief for me was to vomit. So I am trying to take smaller bites and give it time to go down before taking the next bite. I tell ya, eating fast is a tough habit to break for me, but I'm working on it...

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 349 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 305 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics