Post-Op day 7 Muscle weakness

Victoria A.
on 11/5/12 4:02 am - MI
RNY on 10/29/12

Maybe I am trying to rush recovery, but my muscles and limbs feel very weak! My hip joints hurt. I just went for a little walk to get my mail and my joints in my left leg were killing me. Anyone else feel like this?

poet_kelly
on 11/5/12 4:13 am - OH

Are you getting your protein in?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Victoria A.
on 11/5/12 4:16 am - MI
RNY on 10/29/12

I just started to get 64 oz of protein in yesterday and today so far 63, so I am trying.

poet_kelly
on 11/5/12 9:41 am - OH

That should help.  Hopefully you feel better soon.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

quiltpainter
on 11/5/12 5:29 am - CT

Everything on me hurt until I started on the protein shakes. The visiting nurse said it was the lack of protein and that your body will start breaking down muscles and tissues to get the protein it needs. Hopefuly you will be better in a day or two

gek9742000
on 11/6/12 4:23 am
RNY on 10/29/12

I went and voted today and standing in line for 15 minutes my legs were tiring.  It was frustrating but I have a friend who said she was about 3 weeks out before she got her strenght and energy back.  I am hoping and praying that week three brings better cir****tance for both of us.

250 day of surgery 
150 current weight
135 goal weight

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 303 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 304 views