Gallbladder surgery update

solise
on 11/7/12 1:50 am - Brooklyn, NY
I saw my surgeon yesterday. He says im healing. Today is the first day I dont have that horrendous burning in my navel...starting to feel somewhat better. It is draining though and stinks something terrible. I feel like im running from my own smell lol. He said its okay for me to take ibuprofen when needed for severe pain.

Im up 15 lbs from the swelling and cant fit my clothes. I had to wear leggings to the dr. I will be home until next week tuesday. I hope the pain is gone by then. I know this is just a bump in the road and when im all healed imma feel 100% better.
Oxford Comma Hag
on 11/7/12 2:16 am

I'm glad you're healing up. Is your incision in your belly button infected? Because odor can indicate infection.

I was bloated and puffy for a couple of weeks too. But you're right. You will feel a lot better soon.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you were.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

solise
on 11/7/12 2:34 am - Brooklyn, NY
Yeah. I had an infection in my navel. I went to the hospital last week tuesday after experiencing burning pain so bad I couldnt walk. They did a CT scan and said I had a skin-on-skin infection. The pain was worse than anything I ever experienced before. It kind of felt like an open wound, like a stab wound with no stitches if you can even imagine that.

They gave me antibiotics and pain meds and ive been tryna heal since. I had the surgery on 10/15. I went back to work 10/22. Shortly after that hurricane sandy hit and im a first responder. I was working 12 hr shifts at an evacuation center and that probably wasnt the best idea i ever had. We housed over 100 people in a small space. The last night i worked i had been experiencing some pain during the night but i didnt think much of it until the following morning when i was about to go off duty and i had so much pain i was doubled over. Ive been home tryna heal since.

Im done with the superwoman mentality, gotta take care of me now.
Oxford Comma Hag
on 11/7/12 3:18 am

Holy cow, woman! That's a tough work schedule for when you are healing. I'm glad you went to the hospital though and didn't try to tough it out.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 421 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 507 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 489 views