stomach issues

volky64
on 10/25/12 1:56 am
hey gang.  it's been awhile, but been soo busy.  anyway, i'm like 13 months out.  last night, had dinner. piece of meatloaf, a small spoon of mashed potatoes and some asparagrus.  nothing too crazy.  had no issues no problems.  went in to work for a few hours, had a cup of coffee.  on the way home, started burping and burping burping.  didn't stop all night.  after while, I had a pepsi max to try to settle my stomach.  i kept had the feeling that my stomach was red and irrated.  that's how it feels to me.  wake up this morning and not burping, but tummy feels def not happy.  anybody have any recommendations??   i had a greek yogurt this morning, but still feels crappy.
Friendlybyte
on 10/25/12 2:06 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12
Try pushing your fluids today... I love the Gas-X strips!  Funny I had meatloaft yesterday for lunch went to Blackeyed Peas... Had the Mamma's meatloaf, mash potatoes and blackeyed peas, of course I could not even eat half of it but it was really good and it went down easy and gave me not troubles and I am only 2 months out... I have yet tried asparagas, one of my favorite veggies... I know in the past it would give me bad gas!!   
                               Feel better soon!! 

volky64
on 10/25/12 4:14 am
Thanks so much!!  Its weird though, it doesn't really feel like gas is the real issue.  It's the stupid irritation.  Ugh.  Thanks again!
H.A.L.A B.
on 10/25/12 2:37 am
GB or liver issue. Meatloaf may have some more fat - and your GB and liver may not like that.

Unless I make meatloaf - I will not eat that.  Never know what they put into it.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

volky64
on 10/25/12 4:02 am
Can't be my gb.  I don't have one.  Maybe liver. Idk.  But it's my mom's meatloaf, so it's all good stuff.  And I've never had trouble before.  It's not gas like, it's just feels like an irritation :( 
thanks so much for your help!!
DangerGirl
on 10/25/12 3:39 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/17/12

I've never heard of Pepsi Max being something that would settle a stomach.  Try flat Ginger-ale, the ginger should help, or mint tea.  

Carbonation is just going to add to the air in your pouch and cause more burping.

volky64
on 10/25/12 4:04 am
It wasn't the burping that was bothering me, it was more the irritation of my stomach.  I always used to use coke to settle my stomach before, so i figured pepsi max is sort of the equivalent.  Thanks so much for your help!
Heather B.
on 10/25/12 11:17 am - UT
RNY on 09/20/12

peppermint tea. It helps calm my stomach down when its upset.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 295 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views