Feeling Overwhelmed

Megan K.
on 10/24/12 12:03 am
RNY on 02/18/13
I finally made the discovery/discisson I could not lose the weight on my own.  And so on September 17 I went to the intro seminar.  Since then it's been an uphill battle to try to get on the path that my insurance would cover and getting set up for the end result of surgery (BIG fingers being pointed between PCP and Bari Dept.)  Well, I finally said heck with it and will change insurance companies during the next open season (to one that doesn't have a six month MD weight loss attempt requirement).

Now I am overwhelmed.  I went to meet the Bari Department yesterday (I cannot spell Bariactrics).  Now I have FIVE appointments for tomarrow.  I asked if everything goes well when would we be looking at surgery (as I have a lot of work schedule I would like to work around) and they said JANUARY OR FEBUARY...WHOA I was thinking May/June.  It's a good thing, just feeling overwhelmed.

Did anyone else feel this way once the ball started to actually move?
Allen Y.
on 10/24/12 12:20 am - Garland, TX
 I was so very impatient that to me it seemed to take forever to get all the requirements done, but that last month before the surgery went by it seems in about 48 hours.

Just take it one day at a time and don't spend all your time thinking about it.

Infogal
on 10/24/12 12:21 am
Your about to go thru a lifestyle change by doing this surgery.....so being overwhelmed by the process IS completly normal .

You'll soon be the losers bench, so take it one day at a time!
Infogal            
Ready2012
on 10/24/12 12:17 am - Atlanta , GA

Oh yes feeling overwhelmed, frustrated  to say the least. My insurance comapny only required 3 months on weight loss history. But it in up taking me 6 months to date to have surgery. But what I began to settle on and find confort in was that it will happen in its time. That I was going to do everything that was asked of me and once I did that I had my date and everything has been good. Dont let it get to you.You are well on your way. It will be hear before you know.

Megan K.
on 10/24/12 12:23 am
RNY on 02/18/13
Thank you both.  It seems like after beating against a rock for a month and then all of a suddent we are off and rolling just took me by a bit of a surprise.

Thank you!!
JanBooth
on 10/24/12 12:31 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

It took me over 12 years to decide to have surgery.  When I finally decided that this was the time, my PCP had me come in for over 6 months, talking about diet and exercise, surgery and whatever the insurance company required.  BUT, he didn't document much of anything other than discussions about medications/labs or whatever else we talked about.  All of those months, I assumed he was documenting for the requirements as per insurance.  In the end, he had me go to the Weight Management Center for the 6 months required.    It turned out to be THE best thing for me.  I got so much information and guidance that I would not have gotten from my PCP.  The resources are available to me now, after surgery, but to have it prior to...priceless!  So, in the end, it took well over a year for me to prepare.
Good luck to you! 
Janet

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

justinplex
on 10/24/12 2:02 am - Kilgore, TX
 I had the 6 month program too, was dreading it, and it ended up flying by. I learned alot, started dieting and lost 31 lbs. myself even before my liquid diet. In the end I am glad that they made me do it.
 Justin T. Johnson                            
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 363 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 277 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 206 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 300 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 126 views