Medicaid (Peachstate Policy Holders)!!!! "REMOVAL OF EXCESS SKIN"

NoMoXcuses
on 10/19/12 2:03 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 02/01/12
 THIS POSTING IS MAINLY DIRECTED TOWARD THE PEACH STATE POLICY HOLDERS THAT HAVE HAD THE RNY WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ANY LUCK IN HAVE THE EXCESS SKIN REMOVED (N THE TUMMY, ARMS,  AND THIGH AREA) VIZ PAYMENT OF MEDICAID AND IF YOU WAS SUCCESSFUL WHAT WAS THE CORRECT STEPS IN GETTING THE APPROVAL.

EVEN THOUGH THIS POSTING WAS GEARED TOWARDS MY HOM PLAN ON MEDICAID I AM STILL INTERESTED IN ALL INPUT, ADVICE, OR SUGGESTIONS THAT WILL GET THIS DONE...

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :))
poet_kelly
on 10/19/12 4:44 am - OH
You'd  need to check with your policy for details, but usually insurance will pay for removal of skin if it is causing a medical problem.  If you have sores and rashes under the skin on your stomach, for example, that have not cleared up wtih other treatment, they'll probably pay to remove it.  Excess skin on the arms and thighs rarely cause medical problems so insurance rarely pays to remove that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 233 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 105 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?