full liquid diet yogurt question and some whining thrown in!

shellykayd
on 10/20/12 11:36 am - Belgrade, MT
RNY on 10/15/12
 I am so confused.  I'm on the full liquid diet at least until ther 24th (when I will be having my drain removed).  I  had my surgery the 15th.  Listed on my things that I can eat is low fat/low sugar/low carb creamy yogurt with NO chunks or seeds or anything.  It gives a few suggestions.  I bought two.....they both have pieces in them!

I got the Kroger brand carb master and then dannon light and fit.  I was kind of shocked by the light and fit because it had 11g of sugar!!  I don't eat the whole thing (it came in 6 oz containers), but wow.  I was eating yoplait light before surgery and 6oz was only like 7g of sugar or something like that.  But it has bigger chunks.

Anyway, right now I'm just eating around the pieces.  Kind of a pain in the behind, but....it's tastey!

So are there low carb/sugar/fat yogurts without chunks in them?  I have never tried greek yogurt, but am interested in trying it since it has more protein.

Suggestions?  I'm having some trouble with taste aversion for the lack of a better word.  Most things just make me want to gag....so I'm afraid to try new things.  I'm so scared of throwing up!

We live in Montana, so not a huge choice in grocery stores around here, but suggestions on yogurt brands without chunks/seeds would be wonderful.  About all I've been able to handle so far is blueberry.  I could probably stomach strawberry too though.

Thanks!
Shelly, mom to two special needs kids in Bozeman MT

Bellaluna468
on 10/20/12 11:44 am
RNY on 10/26/12
 Try the Greek yogurt with SF flavor syrups, or trivia, or even SF pudding mix.  You may have to thin it out with some skim milk, as it can be thick.

pattyjonichols
on 10/20/12 12:07 pm
DO YOU HAVE A STRAINER???   Nutritionist told me to put yogurt in a measuring cup....ADD some skim milk or 1% if nothing else and shake....then strain INTO the glass of your choice.   Just for fun I use a very elegant wine glass   hahahaha

Also there are yogurt drinks which work as well.  For those I add about 1 Tablespoon of protien powder

Fat free pudding is also great....keep skim milk handy if you need to dilute it.

Good Luck
swoozieq67
on 10/20/12 1:01 pm - MI
RNY on 04/25/12
Try some Greek yogurt with a Torani SF syrup. I even tried putting it into the blender with the syrup and a few ice cubes. It will be very thick and the consistency of ice cream! I would eat some and freeze the rest.

Remember that some of the sugars are from the dairy.

trishv27
on 10/20/12 1:10 pm, edited 10/20/12 1:12 pm - MI
RNY on 09/26/12
I live on Dannon light and fit Greek vanilla.  It taste good only 6g sugar and 12g of protein.  Oh and 0g of fat.  You can go online and print off cupouns too.

dasie
on 10/20/12 7:18 pm
Fage is my favorite.  Once you can have the tiny solids, you might want to give it a try.  Because you are eating half a container, the sugar content should be fine as long as it is in your guidelines.  You can also buy Fage plain and try adding the sugar free syrups or small amounts of polaner (sp)fruit spread.  I've have read on this site people doing those things.  I've also read where people take sugar free pudding and add small amounts to their plain fat free/sugar free yogurt.  I never tried that, but you can do a search on this site and maybe find some ideas.  I've discovered some really good threads using "search."

MultiMom
on 10/20/12 10:37 pm - NH
Personally Greek yogurt gags me, flavored or not. Dannon Light and Fit has a Sugar and Carb Control. It is totally different from their regular Light and Fit. I believe that the sugar in the Sugar and Carb Control has only 2g of sugar.

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 70 views