Back to work tomorrow.....Am I ready?

AlohaJen
on 10/15/12 8:51 pm
RNY on 09/05/12

Well it has been 6 weeks and I go back to work tomorrow...really torn about it, part of me has been bored to death and will be ready to get back to normal. Another part of me is scared to death... what if I don't like the food I take?  What if my stomach makes all those loud and wierd sounds?  What if people notice how much weight I have lost?, Nobody at work knows what kind of surgery I had except my 2 best friends.  I guess I could "What if" myself to death!  So I hope to enjoy my final day of leave and will go to the mall and get myself a new outfit for work!  Wish me luck !!

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

Allen Y.
on 10/15/12 9:55 pm - Garland, TX
 My wife and I both went back to work after only one week. She is happy as a clam to be back in the swing of things and the people in her office are supportive of her. One of her team mates warmed up a turkey leg in the microwave when my wife was on lunch and the others complained why are you torturing Melanie with that when you know she can't eat solid food right now.

Actually Melanie was glad it was a turkey leg because she has never been a big fan of those, if it had been a microwave lasagna she would have felt deprived. 

I think you will be mostly fine back at work.

Darcy S.
on 10/15/12 10:18 pm - Clinton, CT
I own a retail store and went back in 3 wks. You should do great! Being food w you and you won't mess up that way. Take in all the compliments when they notice! It means your looking great!

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

lisapo
on 10/15/12 10:52 pm - WI
I got back tomorrow also. It is 5 weeks for me. I am not worried about what food to take, but just stressed about going back to work and dealing with the stress my boss is sure to shovel on me. lol. A lot of people at my work know I had surgery and what kind so i am not worried about that, but do dread the all day comments that are sure to come.  I am also worried about gas. I have some toxic smelling gas and I don't know what I am going to do about that. My husband suggests that it may keep my boss far away from me. lol.
BezoarGirl
on 10/16/12 11:20 am - WA
I had to read the post as I could have written it.  I went back to work at 6 weeks last Friday.

I also did not tell anyone at work except for 3 people there are 900 people who work on the campus where I work.  I packed tiny snacks and brought my protein shakes with me. 

One of those 3 people today told me that people are noticing I have lost weight and I looked great.  .
They asked her if they knew why I was off of work and she just said no, I only know it was a medical leave.   She told me to get ready because there people will be telling me next. 

If anyone asks me I was going to say.... I have been seeing a NUT, I eat less and exercise more and cut down on the white stuff, ( flour, sugar, potatoes.)

I have also found it easier to get all my water in.  I also keep a bottle of liquid calicum in our fridge so I can take my morning and afternoon calcium without having to bring the bottle back and forth. 

I even had one person apoligize today because she said I didn't recognize you last Friday.

Overall most people have told me they missed me and glad I was back...Then added you look really great.

Good luck and struck your stuff  p.s. I did wear my baggy jeans  (size 16) on Friday and Monday and today wore the 14's that fit me today. 

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

Most Active
Recent Topics