For those of us with a sweet tooth....

cor p99
on 10/19/12 9:35 am
Ruggles Tart Frozen Yogurt
http://smithdairy.com/m-nutrition.asp?id=348

Very yummy, 1/2 cup hits the spot perfectly....and at 130 calories, the 5 grams of protein is just a bonus!

Caution- Sugars are a bit high if you are sensitive.... 16 grams. No real issues for me, especially because this is a very rare treat for me

Dave Chambers
on 10/19/12 12:07 pm - Mira Loma, CA

Fage 0% Greek yogurt 6 oz container has 7g sugars and 18g protein, so 4 oz would be 5g sugars and 12g protein.  I used to buy this all the time and flavor with SF cheesecake Jello pudding. I now use the Fage for my starter and make my own yogurt. I make 5 qts at a time, let whey drain out so it has thick consistency of Fage.  This makes a little under 3 qts of thick yogurt, that I mix with 3 boxes of SF Jello cheesecake pudding.  I make with lowfat milk.  Paper towel is placed in a colender (sitting in a bowl to hold drained whey), and yogurt placed on top. Let drain for several hours until desired consistency.  If it's "too thick" I've added in just a little of the drained whey to get the thickness I want.  This can be frozen into ice cube trays with "sporks" or coctail stirrer used as a handle for your frozen treat. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

cor p99
on 10/21/12 11:38 am
Great suggestion.....I'll have to git it a try. Thanks Dave!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 347 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 307 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 364 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 307 views