Getting better everyday

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 10/9/12 11:29 pm
RNY on 09/17/12
Well, I'm now 3wks out and I have to say, I don't feel as nauseous when I get up in the mornings.  I thought that would never pass!!  I'm still not getting in all my protein, but I'm able to eat a bit more so hopefully that will pick up.  The scale still isn't moving like I would think it would be....me not eating a lot and everything....but I'm hoping that will pick up soon.  Overall I feel fine and people are starting to notice....I didn't lose all the weight post op, some was pre op.....but they notice.  So, if you're right out of surgery, hang in there.  It gets better even if you think it NEVER will.

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

Calla Lily
on 10/9/12 11:39 pm
RNY on 01/23/12
 That is great news that you are feeling better and better every day! And yes, you are totally right, at first I thought omg, what have I got myself into lol but with each week and month that goes by it just keeps on getting better!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

MultiMom
on 10/9/12 11:41 pm - NH
And it keeps getting better and better 

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Kay1975
on 10/9/12 11:48 pm - PA

So glad to see you feeling better.  I havent gotten weighed yet.  I get weighed next tuesday.  But it has been three weeks and I am thinking about going into the gym tonight and weighing myself.  Just a sneak preview.  Keep us posted.  Isnt it great when people notice the weight you have lost?

Kay Kay

Lpogel
on 10/10/12 12:24 am - PA
 Hi just had surgery on the 5th and still have a lot of pain at two of the sites when I move.  Does this take awhile to get better.  I also still have a lot of gas is this normal also.
livinglifelarge
on 10/10/12 12:42 am
RNY on 07/27/12
 Completly normal!
 RNY 7/27/12        
cwtbskinny
on 10/10/12 12:48 am
OMG I feel ur pain!!  My Dr. put extra tight stitches next to my belly button because he didn't want me to get a hernia, it felt like everytime I would bend it felt like there was someone in there pinching me so hard it took my breath away, I also felt the pain when I had gas & my surgeon's nurse said to use Milk of Magnesia (get cherry flavored at Wal-mart it's the best the regular flavor is gross), this helped the gas subside & I felt much better, it wasn't until about the 4th week that the pain started to go away however, I am 5 weeks out & still take the Milk of Magnesia cause I still get gas & can feel a slight uncomfortableness.  I'm gonna say what everyone said to me "each day will get better"!!  Hang in there!! 
Friendlybyte
on 10/10/12 1:55 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12
So glad you are feeling better!  Each week gets better, don't worry about the scale it will move!!  You just need to be patient...If you can't get your protein in make sure that you are at least getting your fluids in..That will help with the weight loss...  

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/12 6:45 am
Yay! You'll see. Wait 3 more weeks. You'll feel MUCH MUCH better.
Most Active
Recent Topics