Question

Nikia S.
on 10/5/12 8:37 am - Garland, TX
Did you have severe pain to your stomach after sugery, if so how long did it take to go away and what youdid to help relieve the pain?

My left side of my stomach hurts and they have me taking Lortab for it.

Nikia S. ~~My not yet is way better than my right now~~
HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

Erins-mommy
on 10/5/12 9:53 am
RNY on 09/26/12
 I would call my surgeon's office. I have severe pain on my left side 7 days after surgery. However, my pain is from all the work that was done from the left side. Bigger incision, deep pocket, and searing pain. By the way, Lortab is my best friend right now.

Nikia S.
on 10/5/12 10:30 am - Garland, TX
Thanks!

HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

val6715
on 10/6/12 3:01 am - NJ
 Had my surgery Sept 10th. Had unbelievable pain on the surgery side (Left). Finally I decided to stop thinking I was "Bothering" my surgeon and went on his facebook page for his office to see if any other patients were having the same pain 3.5 weeks out. He responded quickly the same day and told me to come in. Diagonosed with two rogue stitches. he opened me up in his office and went in and snipped them. I can only say that it was instant relief! Icould bend down, tie shoes, walk better, get up in the middle of the night without crying... The lesson learned..I no longer rely on the social media for answers. I know that my doctor is phenomenal and he never wants me to feel like I am "bothering" him.  If you are a long way out from surgery...call your doctor. If you think it is normal healing process, I took liquid tylenol with codeine (prescription) that helped me sleep, but was not the solution as I had that little complication.good luck and feel better! 
Nikia S.
on 10/7/12 11:30 am - Garland, TX
Thanks, I has gotten better now. Only have tenderness. Still moving slow but I will be okay.

HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 233 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??