Not going down.

Sttephanniie
on 10/1/12 2:17 am
RNY on 03/13/12
 Well October 13th I will be 7 months post op and I'm only down 64 pounds in total from suergery day. I don't feel all that great since so many people hit 100 pounds plus by 5 to 6 months am I doing something wrong? I know now I'm not being as active as i was in the summer and have been slacking with the liquid intake I'm assuming thats the main problem. Another problem I'm having is latley I've been hungry more hungry than usual and wanting to eat all carbs & candy. I refuse to go back I need to see the scale move...
Sttephanniie
on 10/1/12 2:20 am, edited 10/1/12 2:29 am
RNY on 03/13/12
 Here I am at 174 that was on Saturday

Patti1md
on 10/1/12 2:27 am
No carbs and candy.  Drinks lots of water.  Eat more protein.  Good luck!

Sttephanniie
on 10/1/12 2:28 am
RNY on 03/13/12
 Thanks when you say eat more protien as in meat & add protien powder to things.
Annie_Anaba
on 10/1/12 2:28 am
RNY on 08/27/12
Try to keep dense proteins in your pouch since it takes longer to pass them through, so we dont feel hungry as fast (or so I have read on here from the vets)..this is a great site for newbies. Also are you sure its not head hunger? I am starting to experience that at 5 weeks post-op and it really bugs me, lol. I love this time of year and all the candy commercials and movies that remind me of pizza and popcorn night....oy vey!  I noticed when I get the liquid in I lose faster too but thats as hard as the protein most times. Good luck with jump starting, I know it will happen.

Sttephanniie
on 10/1/12 2:35 am
RNY on 03/13/12
 Lol Annie I know exaclty what you mean my favorite candy is candy corn and now it's everywhere and I don't experience dumping syndrome so it's even harder to say no. Congrats on your new journey though and hey I bet you feel and look great 5 weeks out.
garnetgal
on 10/1/12 2:29 am - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12

You didn't say what your starting weight was, so you may not have as much weight to lose as someone who's lost 100 pounds. It's more about percentage of excess weight lost than the total number of pounds. Also, did you take your measurements at the beginning? Inches lost is just as good an indicator of how you are doing as what the scale says! My only suggestions for wanting to eat carbs and candy are to find substitutes. When I crave chips I eat an ounce of cashews or pecans. If I'm craving candy I eat a protein bar (since those are almost ridicuously sweet!) Someone also gave me a pack of sugar free rootbeer barrels and I have my sugar free Altoids when I want something to just have in my mouth. Keep your protein first in meals it really does help with the hunger. The scale will stick at times. Try to stay off it for a week or 2 before you check. Good luck to you!

Sttephanniie
on 10/1/12 2:34 am
RNY on 03/13/12
 Thank you for reply and giving me some tricks I hope they help me out and I am going to look into that. The day of my suergery I was 234 and 3 months before that I was at 258. I need to start working out and making better food choices.
garnetgal
on 10/1/12 3:20 am, edited 10/1/12 3:21 am - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
You are very welcome! I'm not sure what your goal weight is, however here is a rough estimate of your percentage of weight loss. You started at 234, say your goal weight is 130, that would make your excess weight (or weight to be lost) 104 pounds. You've lost 64 pounds, so 64 divided by 104 is 61.5%. The general rule of thumb for weight loss with RNY is 50% of your excess weight by 6 months and 75 to 80% by 1 year. You said you are at 7 months so you are on target if that's a fair guess at your target weight! You didn't say if you had an eating plan from your doctor, if you do follow it. Keep life simple, protein first and then if there's any room some veggies. Concentrate on protein snacks. Add a scoop of protein powder to some sugar free pudding and you've got a protein snack. Read the labels on foods. Check the sugar grams. Personally, I keep mine under 10 grams per serving and I do not eat them at every meal! Make sure you keep yourself hydated by drinking at least 48 to 64 ounces of fluids a day. Try tracking your meals and snacks on fitday.com or on obesity help.

PS- Girl you look great with curves in all the right places!

dizzylizzy19
on 10/1/12 7:05 am - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
I found sugar free werther's.  I got cinnamin caramel, caramel apple and regular.  All of them are amazing - they taste like real sugar!

It's great to just pop one in your mouth to get over a sugar craving or just to have somehting in my mouth. 

A serving size is 5 pieces (I eat maybe 2 a day).  All 5 pieces equals 40 cals, 1 gram fat, and 14 grams of sugar alcohols (which the body doesn't absorb - and just one piece is a lot less!). 

I got the cinnamin and apple in large quantities on amazon because not every place has them
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 234 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 64 views
Recent Topics