Surgery hopeful feeling blue and looking for girlfriends

elmo7241999
on 9/25/12 10:12 am
I'm working on the 6 month diet my insurance requires and feeling like March/April will never get here.  I'm just wish I knew for sure that my insurance was going to approve me.  My weight issues are really starting to get to me, mentally that is.  I have 200+lbs to lose.  I was just wondering how many other ladies were in the same boat now, or were recently, and would like to be friends?  Please message me.  
Megan K.
on 9/25/12 10:35 am
RNY on 02/18/13
I too am on the 6 month pre-plan that my insurance requires (it's more like a refresher course as I completed the same plan about a year ago--however that's not soon enough for my insuance)  Hang in there and learn the most you can from your 6 month diet.  It's just the first step in many long steps ahead.  Best of luck to you!!
qnmimi
on 9/25/12 11:40 am - Cottage Grove, MN
You will learn alot in this six months, and just like all of us who are post op, we feel your pain about the waiting. That said, I know I felt that once my mind was made up, I wanted everything done yesterday!! Good luck on your path to the new you!
jewel-twin
on 9/25/12 11:40 am - Canada
our process in canada is different but it takes anywhere from 6 months to over a year to get surgery...so I know all about the waiting game... I am mid way through...if you want to be friends feel free to add me.

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

brockliebeans
on 9/25/12 12:31 pm
the wait time seems like forever.. but from the time i started the process till when i had my surgery it was 18 months.. and i feel in that time i learned alot about me and what i really wanted and what i was] prepaired to change about me and my eating habits..and i feel i also became very educated on the hole process..so now that i am on day 8 post op...i am doing very well.. as i am very stubborn and have wanted this for myself.. so i do what i need to do,,not because i have to but because i want to to better me.. so take this time to learn all u can about you ..and everything will work out the way you want it to.. and please add me.. i will gladly be your friend.. take care and hope to chat with you soon.. stephanie:)
Kay1975
on 9/25/12 12:46 pm - PA
Hi, I was in the same boat.  The time seems like alot but you have to remember there is alot to learn.  If it could happen overnight, you wouldnt know enough to suceed.  I learned so much that when I went into surgery I was both physically and mentally prepared.  IF you have 200 pounds to lose, then you are probaboy high risk.  I was also.  I used that time to eat healther and lose some of my weight.  You can do it.  Just stay positive.  I am a week out and I am so happy that I made this decision.

Kay Kay

sunnydelightinpa
on 9/25/12 5:33 pm - Dawson, PA
Just don't do what i did and miss one of your monthly app. during your 6 month diet like I did or u might have to start over again and that sucks. Good luck with everything.

AlohaJen
on 9/26/12 12:37 am
RNY on 09/05/12
Hi Elmo !  I am 3 weeks post op and the 6 months diet and insurance requirements were so worth it!  Use this time to learn all you can and to start looking at food differently, only as a means to  fuel your body, not as a band-aid to something else.  I started my journey in Feb and I weighed 284,  day of my surgery, I was 258 and now 3 weeks after surgery, I am down another 20 lbs !  I have Highmark BC/BS of Pennsylvania and my approval came in less than 24 hrs.  But, I did everything they required and since I am only 5'4, my BMI was high, so thank goodness, mine was a quick approval.  Before I started this process, I contacted my insurance and had them send me in writing what were the exact pre-requisites that had to be met for their approval. I was lucky, because their requirements were the exact same as what the Bariatric Practice required.  If the approval does not come on the first try, be prepared to do what is needed to appeal and keep at them!  It is worth it !!  YOU CAN DO THIS !! 

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

Goodi2shews
on 9/27/12 11:17 am - Lemont, IL
hi...my name is julie.  i am set to have surgary at the end of november.  why is your insurance not going to cover you?   didnt you have to be preapproved?   i have to do the 6 months as well
MsBatt
on 9/27/12 11:48 am
With 200+ pounds to lose, you should also be researching the DS. The DS has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats for patients of any size, but this is especially true for those of us with a BMI greater than 50.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 13 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views