Protein drinks and caffeine?

Ihateusernames
on 9/21/12 10:06 pm - Parkville, MD
Does anyone use "Click"  an Espresso Protein Drink Vanilla Latte ?  I've been told to stay away from caffiene - but what are the rest of you experiencing?

Thanks for your feedback! 
wmamey
on 9/21/12 10:43 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
Daily!! But they also have a decaf Mocha that I just ordered, and I order the vanilla, and I ordered the regular mocha. This is my downfall, love a click shake once a day!

Ihateusernames
on 9/21/12 10:47 pm - Parkville, MD
 I'm going to order some too.  Do you get yours from Amazon?
wmamey
on 9/21/12 11:33 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
Yes, Amazon is actually cheaper than the website. Think I paid 16.99 each.

daphneb
on 9/21/12 11:25 pm - AK
 I quit smoking 12 years ago, now can't drink carbonated beverages or alcohol since getting my new stomach...so once a week I get myself a small non-fat caramel macchiato.  I tried soy milk and sugar free and it was too disgusting.  So, the heck with it, I decided if that was my one little pleasure every week, so be it.  I don't get sick from it and it goes down easy (although a small takes me an hour to drink).  Just have to replenish with an equal amount of water to replace the dehydration that comes with drinking caffeinated drinks.

It's when it is a daily occurence and then we start upping the sizes that I think it becomes a problem.  I'm lucky if I have a total of 3 cups of coffee in a whole week, so I'm not worried.  Used to drink 2-3 cups/day before.

But, if you suffer from ulcers or have a family history in them (what I was told by the dietician at our surgeon's office) you may want to stay away from caffeinated drinks.

Good luck!

wmamey
on 9/21/12 11:35 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
The Click is a protein drink not a coffee house drink. I assume you are referring to starbucks?
I do have a daily click but like I said that is a protein drink, I think 21 grams? only make it in one size and alternate it with decaf. Mostly the caffeinated type when I go to work. I work night shift so it helps!!

kimikim
on 9/21/12 11:55 pm - rockford, IL
 I am eager to try that!!  I love coffee, and the coffee bean, the coffee taste, aroma and Juan Valdez!

Thanks for sharing - 
Kimi

poet_kelly
on 9/22/12 2:00 am - OH
I think caffeine is OK, in moderation.  That said, I've tried Click and I actually like Syntrax Nectar cappuccino better, which has no caffeine, has more protein, and has no sugar.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

wmamey
on 9/22/12 3:42 am
RNY on 06/18/12
Thanks for posting this, I think I will give them a try!!

artroxy blue
on 9/22/12 4:55 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I use it, and I've been drinking the Mocha Decaf. If I want more coffee flavor, I make some decaf espresso to add to it. If I need a little encouragement to have a bowel movement, I make regular espresso. 
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 77 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 77 views