Can't tell the difference

KnittingPoet
on 9/18/12 7:36 pm - Raleigh, NC
I am down 54 pounds but see no difference when I look in the mirror. When will my reflection change???

garnetgal
on 9/18/12 7:38 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
Have patience grasshopper! The reflection will change. Congratulations on your loss so far!

cdreamyd
on 9/18/12 8:02 pm - CO
RNY on 03/05/12
 I didn't notice it for a while either, it took me going shopping and trying on clothes and being in a lot smaller close to see it. Go try some clothes on just for fun.. You'll notice a difference..

ArwensRose
on 9/18/12 8:28 pm
RNY on 09/06/12
Your reflection HAS changed, your mind hasn't. 

It will take awhile for you to see the real you, as most of us honestly had pretty skewed images of ourselves anyway.  It might not be a bad idea to start seeing someone to help with some of the mental baggage that we carry.  Remember the surgery fixed our guts, not our minds and that is our job to fix.  And it is not easy.

SoCaPinkLady
on 9/18/12 9:28 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
It's easier to tell when you put a before and after pic. side by side.

Lori                               

ready2be140
on 9/18/12 9:49 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
 I started at 352 and have lost about 45 pounds total, and just now starting to see the difference in my face, and noticed a difference once I pulled out clothes from my closet that were a size smaller.  Because I have about 200 pounds to lose, it took this amount of time just to start to see the difference but just in the last week, now I am getting lots of people noticing and commenting on the weight loss.    You will see it soon - trust me.    54 pounds is great achievement-keep focused and positive-I wish you the best on your journey.  
And ps, with losing 54 pounds, do you have any Non Scale Victories?   Just today I celebrated that I walked a mile!   I could have not done that one month ago.  And I am no longer on my blood pressure medicine.   So even though my reflection has not yet changed to drastically with just 45 pounds down, it is enough with everything combined.   
poet_kelly
on 9/19/12 1:08 am - OH
On September 18, 2012 at 7:36 PM Pacific Time, KnittingPoet wrote:
I am down 54 pounds but see no difference when I look in the mirror. When will my reflection change???
I imagine your reflection has changed and you're just having trouble seeing it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

KnittingPoet
on 9/19/12 5:47 am - Raleigh, NC
I have had NSV's.  People comment that they can tell the difference.  Just this morning the resource officer at my school asked me was I getting smaller.  He said he'd been wanting to ask but didn't want to offend me.  I told him that it wouldn't offend me... I love hearing it!

I was in Office Depot yesterday and I had to hold up my pants the entire time I was in there!  I guess I should just chill out... it's obviously working.

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/12 5:47 am
I had the same problem. The mirror lies sometimes. I suggest if you aren't already doing so that you have someone take your picture once a month, front and side, in tight fitting clothes. Save the photos and label them (x months out, 54 lb down) and compare them. As time goes by you will see a difference. It's awesome. Congrats on losing 54 lb!
Sara O.
on 9/19/12 7:25 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
Never believe the dreaded mirror! jk lol

Take a pic and of yourself from different angles. You'll see a difference. Its even better if you have preop pics to compare them to.

Congrats on the loss!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 310 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??