Protein pancake photo

Dave Chambers
on 9/12/12 11:31 am - Mira Loma, CA

This photo was posted a hour or so ago from my friend Wendy. Dave

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

MissLisaD
on 9/12/12 11:55 am - CA
RNY on 05/31/12
Must.....have....recipe! :)

HW: (265 in 2007) Consult weight: 247 SW: 221 CW:151.8 GW:140     

chowell
on 9/12/12 12:03 pm - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
i would like to know how to make that as well

Cecily Howell                

Dave Chambers
on 9/12/12 12:04 pm - Mira Loma, CA

I put the recipe up here about 3 hours ago.  I would have included the photo, but it wasn't uploaded to Facebook yet, where my friend Wendy had posted it.   Photo shows the protein pancake with sliced bananas and SF syrup on top.  Wendy told me she normally makes a double recipe, cooks the pancakes, and freezes them.  2 pancakes and 60-90 seconds in microwave (higher wattage microwaves take less time), and use as pancakes, etc. She likes to use as a "bread" as that was her BIG issue before her RNY.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.

UBet2012
on 9/12/12 9:25 pm - IL
RNY on 09/17/12
OMG, I am on my pre-op, but as soon as I can I am making this! Would this be considered pureed? soft? Just thinking ahead.
Dave Chambers
on 9/12/12 9:38 pm - Mira Loma, CA

It has oats in the recipe. They're "Quick Oats", so if your surgeon approves of oats when you're allowed soft foods, it's ok. My surgeon ok'd Cream of Wheat, but not Steel cut oats.  I did do 1 minute oatmeal around 2 months post op, but I'd cook it for 3 minutes to make sure it was easier to digest.  It's a soft texture food--but it may not be ok with your doc. You could make a batch to try near the end of the soft food diet, but only eat 1-2 of these and see if they agree with you.  They would be ok on your regular food stage though.  DAVE

Btrue2u
on 9/12/12 11:28 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
I know you said make in a blender but will it make the oats fine like flour after you put it in the wet ingredients? or do you blend them first until they are fine?  

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Dave Chambers
on 9/13/12 6:18 am - Mira Loma, CA

From what I remember several years ago, Quick Oats appear finer than traditional oats that require longer cooking. No, they're not like flour though.  I'm unsure whether blending them "into flour consistency" would affect the recipe or not.  You're more than welcome to try it though.  My friend made no reference of "pre blending" the oats by themselves, just taking some out of the box to put into the mix for final blending.  She uses a Vita Mix, a high end blender most people do not have.  I just checked, and QVC.com carries the Vitamix and they start at $439, out of reach for most household budgets. DAVE

akr9911
on 9/13/12 12:44 pm
VSG on 06/20/13
Oh yum. That looks amazing!
Most Active
Recent Topics