It's stuck in my throat!!!! ugh!!!

marty69
on 9/9/12 6:17 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
I tried to eat a slice of roast turkey lunch meat for a snack. And it is stuck in my throat just like the other "solid" food has been. definitely call Dr in morning. It was over a hr ago an I can vomit it or swallow it.but lil sips of water go down ssslllloooowwwwlllyyy.

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

vmeyerw
on 9/9/12 6:28 pm - belfield, ND
or the water will just back up on you....  i just barf it up! turkey and chicken r the worst for me
Niller
on 9/9/12 6:39 pm
It will get better over time - It really took some good time before my pouch could handle some types of solids (and I chose to pure some food items) - and made sure I chewed everything extremely well before I swallowed. I hope that turkey passes soon - so you feel well again.
wmamey
on 9/10/12 3:13 am
RNY on 06/18/12
Stuck in your throat or pouch? As fas as I know we didn't have surgery on our throat so there shouldn't be a problem with swallow. If I have problems with a food feeling stuck in my pouch the pain is high up in the chest (almost cardiac area.) If you are having problems with food getting stuck in your throat (neck region) you could have other issues?

soozieq
on 9/10/12 5:39 am
The last time I had lunch meat I had some pouch pain, so I stay away from it now.  I'm sorry your turkey got stuck. 
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Dee.spunk
on 9/10/12 10:37 am - Sacramento, CA
Turkey does that to me. I think it is to dry.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

KatMom
on 9/10/12 11:43 am
RNY on 07/24/12
Ouch...that sounds painful.

Last I ate chicken was at Boston Market weeks ago and I even diced it up and chewed like mad. Still got that stuck feeling. I haven't eaten chicken or turkey since.

I pray you get relief soon!
*hugs*
 He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.  ~Friedrich Nietzsche 

marty69
on 9/10/12 12:22 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
 Thanks everybody. It took a good 5 hrs to stop hurting. When I say in my throat,it is because that is where it feels like it is.(like if I were to open my mouth you would see it back there .) And I had lots of pressure and pain.I think I am going to back off a stage on the food,and i have a call into Dr to see what they think as well. Soups have goon good till the last Little bit.This last week is when every meal has been like "hold it that hurts.".
   Thank you all again I don't know where I would be with out the support of this site and most importantly the people on it.

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 351 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?