RNY patient with neuropathy

Dave Chambers
on 9/7/12 1:50 pm - Mira Loma, CA

Wife just came home from the doctor's office. New PCP for her, she liked well. Other docs thought the numbness in her feet was related to severe back issues causing nerve issues. Neurapathy (sp?) is the diagnosis.  She finds it painfull to walk, the bottom of her feet feels numb, etc.  Other night she couldn't stand the pain from just the wt of the bed sheet on her feet. Doc told her nerves would either be numb or painful--both of which she has experienced.  Anyone have any experience with this or have a decent web link where I can learn more about this?  She had to buy compression thigh high hose last week which helped the swelling in her legs--that helped with swelling, but not pain.  She's currently taking 2 Lasix daily to keep swelling reduced.  Help. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

ddematteis
on 9/7/12 1:58 pm - FL
 how is her b12? a b12 deficiancy can cause nerve damage 
Dave Chambers
on 9/7/12 2:25 pm - Mira Loma, CA

Labs about 5 weeks ago were 1034 for B12. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.

ddematteis
on 9/7/12 2:01 pm - FL
 The Mayo Clinic website says that Pyridoxine, commonly known as Vitamin B6, is required for the formation of thye neurotransmitters serotonin, norepinephrine, and myelin. Vitamin B6 deficiency, in adults, can affect the nerves, skin, mucous membranes, and circulatory system
(deactivated member)
on 9/7/12 2:04 pm
Too much B6 is as bad as too little. It causes  the same problems.
Dave Chambers
on 9/7/12 2:29 pm - Mira Loma, CA

That link looks like an infomercial for "snake oil".  I was looking for some information on this issue, not a "cure in a bottle". DAVE

KathyS28
on 9/7/12 4:21 pm - MA
My husband has terrible neuropathy from his diabetes, there are some meds to try, one is neuron tin I Can't remember the others. The other thing he never tried but I read a lot about was capsaicin cream. I find a lot of information on the Mayo Clinic web site. I also think she should see a neurologist, and have some tests done, they handle this disease. I wish you both well this is very painful.
julieb1256
on 9/7/12 4:45 pm - WA
RNY on 07/31/12
I have diabetic neuropathy in my feet.  Once I started to feel the shooting pain and burning, my doctor prescribed me a prescription food called Metanx.  Metanx provides the nutritional requirements needed to restore the metabolic processes associated with neuropathy to support peripheral nerve and blood vessel health. You can go to www.metanx.com to learn about it.  HTH

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/12 4:59 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
Most Active
Recent Topics