medical bracelet

enchantedmommy
on 9/4/12 6:49 pm - boydton , VA
 does anyone wear a medical bracelet for gastric bypass...just wondering

poet_kelly
on 9/4/12 6:50 pm - OH
I do, yes.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Pam T.
on 9/4/12 7:04 pm - Saginaw, MI
 Yes. I do. It referrs to my WLS and my reactive hypoglycemia. Here's a photo of it (it's the dangling medallian on a plain chain... I wear it on the same wrist as my pandora bracelet):

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

aclay
on 9/5/12 8:39 am - MA
hi where did you get your bracelet?

Ruth S.
on 9/4/12 7:44 pm - Orlando, FL
 NOPE...personal choice I guess..it's like the Meal card some ppl use it early on and some just buy whatever and take a doggy bag home..
Ruth S.
Sara O.
on 9/4/12 8:12 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
I wear one. I consider it necessary in case something happens to me and I can't tell the EMS. Its important in my case because no matter how many times i tell my family about nsaids, asprin, and the ng tube thing they never seem to retain the info. They wouldn't know what to tell a doc or EMS. Its a simple bracelet that i got off of ebay for $16.
Pickett6
on 9/5/12 9:51 am
Yes, I do.  I have a couple that I got from Lauren's Hope; they are pretty and just look like regular bracelets (a large choice and price range is available). Mine has my name, and then says "GASTRIC BYPASS; NO BLIND NG TUBE"  and then lists my allergy to sulfa.  I figure if I'm in an accident or am unable to communicate for some reason, it gives medics and doctors information that would be helpful in treating me. 
karenp8
on 9/5/12 10:58 am - Brighton, IL
Yes I do. I got mine from American Medical ID but Lauren's Hope has really pretty ones too.
enchantedmommy
on 9/5/12 7:51 am - boydton , VA
 thanks ever one for your responses
Most Active
Recent Topics