My first walk, with my kids :) .

marty69
on 9/3/12 6:56 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
  Tonight after supper me and my 2 youngest went for a 20 minute walk. It's the first time in years, literally. 
  We had fun ( other than my 9yr old talking non stop ha ha.) I had a quiet evening walk in mind but with kids it ain't gonna happen . 
  I was working up a sweat but not so winded that I couldn't talk. Which is WONDERFUL. 9 weeks ago I couldn't walk out to my truck without sitting down and catching my breath. 
   I really think this is time I can look forward to with my kids and enjoy.  
                                OH!!! And one more thing.
    THANK GOD for giving the surgeons and others the knowledge to give us this wonderful tool, with which to get our lives back.

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

BugdocMom
on 9/3/12 6:59 pm - CA
That is SUCH wonderful news!!!! Congratulations!!!
seattledeb
on 9/3/12 7:49 pm
 One of the best NSV there is. 
Walking with my son has been a wonderful gift. He tells me things on walks I would have never heard.
Such a big big gift.
I am so happy for you.
Deb T.

Dorkgirl_41
on 9/3/12 9:39 pm - CA
RNY on 07/10/13
Good for you! I can't wait to be able to walk with my hubby without feeling like I'm in a race. He's hard to keep up with even when he's walking "normally". I get winded and can't talk at the same time.

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

misssparky
on 9/4/12 12:46 am - MO
 Ditto on the kids becoming little chatterboxes on walks.  They just are so free and uninhibited they will share everything and anything.  ENJOY THIS TIME, they grow up to quick.   KAREN
Thank God for the wonderful gift of WLS.  Use it wisely as the tool it is meant to be and hold yourself accountable for the rest of the journey!!!

KAREN

Amy D.
on 9/4/12 4:11 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
Isn't that wonderful? I'm so glad you're able to get out there and get some movement in now! I love walking with the kids. I still go for walks with my 17 year old and he will still talk my ear off the whole time. Now instead of dinosaurs and pokemon I hear all about World of Warcraft and what tattoos he's planning on getting lol, but I still get the same sense of joy knowing that he's opening up to me!

Enjoy your new freedom and the time with your kids!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Jilly Bean
on 9/4/12 6:27 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12
Last night I was playing on the floor with my 2 youngest sons (9 years old and 21 months).  It was great!  My 9 y/o said "I love nights like this".  It was awesome!

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

slucier82
on 9/4/12 7:44 am - MI
RNY on 04/23/12
I remember when I started taking walks with my boys.  Its a great feeling to be active with your kids.  Honestly taking a nightly walk with my kids is my favorite thing to do. 
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 351 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 158 views
Recent Topics