UPDATE- wowsa!

Ashley G.
on 9/1/12 3:20 pm - VA
 Hello friends,

I just realized that I haven't been on here for months, and boy have a lot of things changed for me! I topped the scales in the hospital at 335, and now I'm at 201 (two more pounds until under 200!) I've had so many NSV - My husband and I went to an amusement park and I was able to ride the rides. I can fit into booths. I've had to give away soooooooooo many clothes, and usually have something new to get rid of about every 2 weeks. My eating has finally stabilized and I don't feel like I'm going to die after every meal anymore. I haven't been exercising for the past few months, but plan to make that change now that the weather is getting cooler. I hope that everyone is doing well and I'm happy to share my success with you. I'm not sure how many people really kept up with me in the beginning, but I had a very rough start. I never thought I'd be glad that I did this... but I am now. To anyone debating whether to have this surgery or not, DO IT. I had made the decision that I could no longer live as a morbidly obese person. I was perfectly content and had it settled had I died that day on the operating table. But I knew God had better plans for me, and I knew that I'd pull through just fine. Being thin is a whole 'nother world for those of us that have never experienced it. People treat you different and you actually feel like a person. No more wondering if you're the fattest person in the room or how many people have gawked or chuckled as you walk by. I share this as encouragement for those of you that feel you can't do this. You can. I thought of myself as weak, but trust me, living obese has made you stronger than you know. 

Best wishes and love to all. God bless...
Kimberly E.
on 9/1/12 3:46 pm - VA
RNY on 09/05/12
Thank you for sharing this story!  I am getting very nervous about my surgery on Wednesday, but I also know that I cannot continue to live like this.  I look forward to sharing my success story in several months.  Where in Virginia do you like?  I live in Suffolk.  Congrats to you!

Ashley G.
on 9/1/12 3:51 pm - VA
 Thank you for responding and best of luck to you!!

I live in Crimora... it's kinda between Waynesboro and Harrisonburg
Cheryle
on 9/2/12 5:24 am - VA

Hey suffolk, I am in Isle of Wight ... don't regonize your dr. though...

Kimberly E.
on 9/2/12 7:43 am - VA
RNY on 09/05/12
Oh wow you are close!  Dr. Mann is at the Naval Medical Center in Portsmouth.  That is where I will be having my surgery on Wednesday.  Where did you have your surgery?

Cheryle
on 9/2/12 2:14 pm - VA
 Send Me your email Kim 

Skinnygirlme
on 9/2/12 6:12 pm - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 My surgery is Wednesday too! Good luck!!!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
Wrapdiva
on 9/1/12 5:13 pm - Auburn Hills, MI
RNY on 11/05/12
Congratulations on your success this far!!  Thank you for posting this.  Honestly, I have been struggling with this decision for a few weeks.  I just found out a few days ago that I am approved for surgery.  I don't have dates just yet, waiting for the authorization to come in the mail, but I almost felt for awhile there that I dreaded those papers.  I would be forced to make a decision.  I know that this surgery will be life changing for me.  I just have to wrap my head around all aspects of it.  Slowly I am becoming comfortable with the decision to go through with the surgery.  I know it will be extremely tough, but like you said....being severely obese makes us tougher than we realize.

I'm looking forward to riding on rollercoasters & fitting comfortably in booths also!!  Thanks again for sharing your progress!!  Can't wait to celebrate your "One-derland" transition!!

Truly,
~Amy

"In order to ACHIEVE something different, you need to DO something different"

tgrlnh
on 9/1/12 5:18 pm
RNY on 06/05/12
I'm so happy that you are happy with your tool. I'm not quite as far along as you but I am hoping to be just as successful.

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 9/1/12 5:39 pm
RNY on 09/17/12
I'm so glad you posted this.  I will be having my surgery on Sept 17th and I've been stressing about it.  I have been back and forth on the fence with should I or shouldn't I.  I know I can't keep doing what I'm doing because it's not working, but to say that I'm scared of the unknown is putting it mildly.  It's fantastic you are enjoying the "new" you.  I hope you have continued success.

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 308 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 292 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics