Can't tolerate anything bu****er

brandi31cole
on 8/29/12 6:29 pm - arlington, TX
 Hi All! I had gastric bypass surgery on Monday and now I'm home. I haven't been able to tolerate anything bu****er, everything else nauseates me to the point of feeling like I'm going to throw up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Jennifer P.
on 8/29/12 6:32 pm - MN
RNY on 07/31/12
 That can be normal.  Call your doctor's office and ask for some kind of anti-nausea medicine such as compazine.  I had the same issue.  

Dave Chambers
on 8/29/12 6:34 pm - Mira Loma, CA

One thing you have going for you, is that you can drink water. That is a BIG issue for many new post ops. Nausea is a somewhat common issue.  Try any of the allowed clear liquids or soft foods your are OK'd to have at this time. Even if you have to, HOLD YOUR NOSE while you consume these. You need to get your digestive tract working as soon as possible. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

brandi31cole
on 8/29/12 6:42 pm - arlington, TX
 Ok. Thanks so much, I thought something was bad wrong with me. I'm on zofran for nausea, I'm also off of all pain medicine and I've been walking around the house.
Allen Y.
on 8/30/12 4:32 am - Garland, TX
 I was not even allowed to take anything but 100% clear liquids for the first week. So can you tolerate Crystal Light? If water is indeed the only thing that stays down call your doctor.

PositivelyPammy
on 8/30/12 11:26 am - CO
RNY on 07/16/12
All I drank for the first week after surgery was water.  Everything else grossed me out - broth, jello, crystal light.  I asked my doctor if this was okay and she said yes, the reason for adding the other liquids was so you wouldn't get bored or tired of water.  I survived on water and so will you!  Just make sure you get all you water in. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 319 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 239 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views