Re Focus

wisaluv
on 8/27/12 1:30 pm - Pueblo, CO
I need to really refocus!  I have been slacking for a while and its because I stalled for a few months.  Now I have gained 11 pounds.  OMG! 

Im wondering how many calories you guys typically eat right  now.  I am 15 years out.  Lost 114 pounds but now 103 since I gained some back.  I was eating carbs. 

I work out consistently and I even see a personal trainer.  The problem with trainers and family doctors is no one knows what should be normal calories for a gastric bypass person so everyone says I dont know.  Should it be 1000?  1200?  1500?  I have no clue.  Any suggestions would be awesome. 

poet_kelly
on 8/27/12 1:35 pm - OH
The right amount of calories is however many you need to eat in order to lose weight (if you're still trying to lose).  You may need to experiment to find that number.  At this point you're absorbing most of the calories you eat, so your trainer or doctor would help you figure that out the same way they would if you hadn't had RNY.

I'm almost four years out and I eat about 1500 calories most days in order to maintain my weight.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

wisaluv
on 8/27/12 1:42 pm - Pueblo, CO
Thats really good to know, thank you for your advice! :)  It is very appreciated!

wisaluv
on 8/27/12 1:42 pm - Pueblo, CO
And that is suppose to say 1.5 years out not 15!  lol
Zachariah
on 8/27/12 3:15 pm
Congrats on your weight loss!! 

From what I hear as you get used to eating a "normal" menu some weight gain is not unusual.  I'm a carb addict and I really miss my bread and pasta, but I can see where  they can contribute to weight gain.  I'm just over 7 weeks out, so carbs are something I not doing.  Don't give up.  You sound like you really have a plan (personal trainer) and you may just have stalled temporarily.

Keep up the good work!
gbsinsatx
on 8/27/12 5:20 pm, edited 8/26/12 10:22 pm - San Antonio, TX

I eat 1800-2000 calories a day to maintain my weight loss of 200 pounds at a weight of 131 pounds. My height is 5'4".

I do not participate in a formal exercise program due to Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis. I do move around a lot more and do a lot more walking.

The following is just a suggestion, not a rule.

To Determine Your Calorie Expenditure Use The Following Formula For Women:

655 + (4.3 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) – (4.7 x age in years) = BMR.

Then you have to determine your Activity Level:

-If you are Sedentary: BMR x 20 % (.2)

-If you are Lightly Active: BMR x 30 % (.3)

-If you are moderately active (You exercise 3 to 4 times per week): BMR x 40 % (.4)

-If you are very active (You exercise intensely 5 or more days per week): BMR x 50 % (.5)

-If you are extra active (You do hard labor or are in athletic training, or exercise intensely 5 or more days per week for 3 or more hours per day): BMR x 60 % (.6)

Add your Activity Level number to your BMR = Daily Calorie Expenditure.

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 116 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views