Flat Out Puked!

aesposito
on 8/26/12 2:36 pm
I apologize in advance for yucky-ness, and it seems like these days I only post when I hit a goal or have a horrible reaction to food, LOL.... but anyway...

Pouchy has always liked baked beans, never a problem... spicy, fatty, sweet, didn't matter.  So when I was at the BF's company picnic Friday, I was thrilled to see some and scooped them right up as there were very few other choices that suited me.  And my, they were tasty.

20 minutes later I puked.  And I am not talking about the stuck-food-make-yourself-puke to get it out kind of puke.  I am talking about barely made it to the (rustic, outdoor) bathroom to puke.  Twice.  There were no beans in the, um, er, results... but plenty of onions... so I suspect that was the culprit.  Onions are one of the few things Pouchy has never liked, but obviously they were so well hidden in the baked beans, I never noticed them in there.

Anyway... it surprised me as that was the first time in 10 months that I had really, truly puked.  Yes, I've made myself throw up stuck stuff, etc.  But this felt more like it felt pre-surgery....

I apologize for any yucky feelings after reading this, but I just wanted to warn ya'll... just because you are nearly a year out, feeling good and eating lots of different stuff, doesn't mean Pouchy still can't rebel...

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

alwaysbrandi
on 8/26/12 2:41 pm - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
I had my first full on puke last week. Like exploding out my mouth and nose debilitating puke, not a gag into the trash food is stuck puke. It really shook me. I forgot how bad really puking was. I still can't put my finger on what did it, but wooo. Sorry you were in public for it!

HW : 320 - SW : 284 - Surgeon's GW : 169 - My GW : 140

aesposito
on 8/26/12 3:14 pm
So you totally know how I felt!  Wasn't it weird... because we think our tiny stomachs don't have that in them, LOL!

Audrey

poet_kelly
on 8/26/12 2:43 pm - OH
On August 26, 2012 at 9:36 PM Pacific Time, aesposito wrote:
I apologize in advance for yucky-ness, and it seems like these days I only post when I hit a goal or have a horrible reaction to food, LOL.... but anyway...

Pouchy has always liked baked beans, never a problem... spicy, fatty, sweet, didn't matter.  So when I was at the BF's company picnic Friday, I was thrilled to see some and scooped them right up as there were very few other choices that suited me.  And my, they were tasty.

20 minutes later I puked.  And I am not talking about the stuck-food-make-yourself-puke to get it out kind of puke.  I am talking about barely made it to the (rustic, outdoor) bathroom to puke.  Twice.  There were no beans in the, um, er, results... but plenty of onions... so I suspect that was the culprit.  Onions are one of the few things Pouchy has never liked, but obviously they were so well hidden in the baked beans, I never noticed them in there.

Anyway... it surprised me as that was the first time in 10 months that I had really, truly puked.  Yes, I've made myself throw up stuck stuff, etc.  But this felt more like it felt pre-surgery....

I apologize for any yucky feelings after reading this, but I just wanted to warn ya'll... just because you are nearly a year out, feeling good and eating lots of different stuff, doesn't mean Pouchy still can't rebel...

Audrey

It's hard to say what might have caused it because you don't know what was in the baked beans.  Some people put a lot of sugar in baked beans.  That's the sort of thing I would not eat unless I could see the nutritional stats on it.  I've learned the hard way that if I eat food someone else made, it may have a lot more fat or sugar than I would put in the same dish if I was making it myself.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

aesposito
on 8/26/12 2:54 pm
Almost definitely not dumping from sugar... none of the other symptoms AT ALL, felt great otherwise except for the actual puking in public, plus generally speaking I don't dump.... although anything is possible I guess. 

My other theory though is that maybe they put some other flavoring in there that Pouchy wasn't used to/didn't like?  Mustard perhaps... Pouchy has never liked mustard (which makes me really sad).

But yes, you are right... you can't really trust a lot of foods made by regular people... they don't have to put nutrition labels on them :(

Audrey

alwaysbrandi
on 8/26/12 2:59 pm - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
Pre Op I'd use Maple Syrup, Brown Sugar, Bacon and Bacon Fat in my Baked Beans. It was always about taste for me. Smelling those now would probably kill me. Eating them almost did.

HW : 320 - SW : 284 - Surgeon's GW : 169 - My GW : 140

poet_kelly
on 8/26/12 3:01 pm - OH
On August 26, 2012 at 2:54 PM Pacific Time, aesposito wrote:
Almost definitely not dumping from sugar... none of the other symptoms AT ALL, felt great otherwise except for the actual puking in public, plus generally speaking I don't dump.... although anything is possible I guess. 

My other theory though is that maybe they put some other flavoring in there that Pouchy wasn't used to/didn't like?  Mustard perhaps... Pouchy has never liked mustard (which makes me really sad).

But yes, you are right... you can't really trust a lot of foods made by regular people... they don't have to put nutrition labels on them :(

Audrey

Yeah, who knows what might have been in it that didn't agree with you?  Or maybe you ate a little too much or a little too fast or something.  That happens to me occasionally, at least I think it does.  Sometimes it's really hard to tell why something upset the pouch.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

aesposito
on 8/26/12 3:03 pm
I like the theory about maple syrup... I know I haven't had any of that since surgery.

Hmmm....

Audrey

fireflymkz76
on 8/26/12 3:20 pm - Blairsville, GA
RNY on 07/24/12
That happened to me the other night.  I had eaten some soft baked chicken I got from the grocery store only to find out they cooked it in italian dressing which probably had something in it that didn't agree.  My mouth started to salivate and it was full on throwing up.  Not fun.
check out my blog: http://alwaysl8totheparty.blogspot.com/      
Christy L.
on 8/26/12 3:27 pm - TN
I had my surgery in April and have only thrown up once and that was the day after surgery when I took liquid Tylenol.  (I could literally feel that goop coating my pouch, yuck!)  I haven't even quite mastered throwing up when I want to.  I just do a lot of spitting when I feel like I need to and usually give in and take a Phenergran.  Anyway, I was beginning to wonder if throwing up just isn't possible anymore....lol.  I guess you proved that wrong.  I hope you are feeling better now! 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views