papaya enzyme

Netti101
on 8/12/12 5:28 am - Norcross, GA
 So I'm going to go and buy some papaya enzyme. And wondering how do they work? Please help me with this. I'm having a real hard time keeping my food down. I had surgery on July 16.
Diminishing Dawn
on 8/12/12 7:15 am - Windsor, Canada
 You really should be contacting your surgeon.  You could have a stricture if food is not staying down.  
Papaya enzyme is a digestive aid that people use for moment of food feeling like its stuck or stomach issues.  It's like a helper to get things to move and break up in moment of pouch distress.   It helps breakdown food. 

If you can't keep foods down s d are throwing up frequently papaya enzyme isn't going to necessarily help.  That's a sign of a bigger problem

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

TamaraL
on 8/12/12 7:34 am
papaya enzymes are used to help digest and break down food.  Its like a meat tenderizer.  It helps break down food.

If you are having a hard time keeping food down then you need to contact your surgeon.  You may have a stricture or something more serious going on.  Papaya enzymes are not going to help that

Tamara

Dave Chambers
on 8/12/12 7:55 am - Mira Loma, CA

Papaya enzyme works on foods that remain in the pouch.  If you can't keep food down, you need to speak to your surgeon about this. You may have a stricture that requires balloon expansion. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Patti1md
on 8/13/12 11:39 am
I used it but not for the reason you mentioned.  I used it to break down the protein when it felt heavy.  You should see your doctor.  I agree with the other.  I had to have an EGD (EDG?) done about three weeks out from surgery.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 306 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 225 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 291 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 225 views