Be honest Do you drink diet soda?

Paula C.
on 8/3/12 1:34 am
I do and have no problems at all whatsoever.  I limit myself to one 20 oz bottle a day, though. 
GraceGirl
on 8/3/12 1:36 am
No I gave up ALL soda after my first consult appointment.

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/3/12 1:37 am - OH
Yes, more days than not (but I am 5 years out).  I did not have any for the first few months post-op per my surgeon's instructions, though.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

carlydiva
on 8/3/12 1:41 am
guilty...but I have a soda stream so I limit the amount of CO2...it's really the taste that I'm after...so I have just a small 6 oz class to answer that craving..
jessann5
on 8/3/12 1:46 am - Kansas City, KS
I do now but did not for about 6 months post op because it fizzed up in my pouch so bad it almost choked me, but no problems now if I drink slow.
Pholaris
on 8/3/12 1:52 am
I don't drink any soda because it was a trigger for me, and though it has been 2 years since my surgery, I still have my struggles and one of the best decissions I made from the get go was to stay away from triggers and so far it has worked great.

I have had other carbonated drinks in moderation, like carbonated fruity water, but still can make me very gassy and uncomfortable, so I stay away from those for the most part as well.
Pregnancy%20ticker
Neen L.
on 8/3/12 1:53 am - Arlington, VA
Not for the first 6 months afterward, but yes now I drink diet coke. I have a sodastream (as another poster mentioned) and really enjoy that for making sparkling water.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

cajungirl
on 8/3/12 1:54 am
I didn't the first couple of years after surgery. I do drink a diet soda occasionally now.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/12 1:58 am
Not for the first 6 months. Ouchie in da pouchie for sure. The bloating was just unreal.

Now I can have it easily but don't really want it most of the time. I'm a teaholic.
vmeyerw
on 8/3/12 2:02 am - belfield, ND
yes i do too but for the first 4 or 5 months i did not want it at all but now i limit my self to 1 can a day ..
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views