2 week post-op

Netti101
on 7/27/12 10:31 pm - Norcross, GA
 Went for my 2 week post op visit with my surgeon yesterday and I lost 18lbs. I feel like that is not enough I have read some people on here have lost like 25 lbs on there to week visit. And I like that was not enough weight but my surgeon said that was good. I don't know how to feel
newtres2b
on 7/27/12 11:11 pm - IL
RNY on 07/13/12
Well don't fell bad I went to visit the doctor 11 days after surgery and I was only down 9lbs. I was told I'm still retaining fluids. I have another vist on the 1st. I will let you know how I did.
poet_kelly
on 7/27/12 11:26 pm - OH
So you lost more than one pound per day and you feel like that's not enough?  Who have you read lost 25 pounds in two weeks?  I sure haven't seen that often!  It sounds like maybe your expectations are not very realistic.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MrsLitch
on 7/28/12 12:00 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
there are some people who don't lose 18 lbs in the first month let alone 2 weeks. Someone here used to post an expectation chart that said 20 lbs the first MONTH, 10 lbs for months 2,3,4,5.

Any way you look at it it's a good number.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Larry Wassmann
on 7/28/12 12:39 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
If a person weighed 400+ pounds and you were 200+ pounds who do you think would lose the most weight the first week? Please do not compaire your weight loss to anyone else. There are way too many things that go into that. Age is another one. We older folks with the life style we have is not the same as someone going to work everyday. You are doing just great. OH, and stay off the scale. Just weigh no more than once a week, it will drive you crazy if you do. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

bugsmommy
on 7/28/12 1:25 am
You should feel awesome, you're 18 lbs lighter then you were 2 weeks ago. What diet or program have you been on where that has happened. You're doing great

Cherie
CarolinaKelly
on 7/28/12 2:09 am - NC
RNY on 08/29/12
Any loss is a good loss in my book. 
Whit
on 7/28/12 3:14 am
Revision on 12/10/12
 18 pounds in 2 weeks is fantastic...please adjust your expectations drink your water, get in your protein, and move your body.  Everyone one is different. 

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

ready2be140
on 7/28/12 3:48 am - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
 I am in the waiting stage of insurance approval, and hope to have WLS by end of August ...but tell you what-if I could lose 18 pounds in 2 weeks, I would being doing cartwheels (okay, maybe just clapping my hands, but you know what I mean!)
Celebrate  your success !!!
nikkibug
on 7/28/12 5:31 am
RNY on 08/20/12
 I have my surgery on the 20th but, my doctors and all the papers/booklets I've recived all say do not compare your weight loss with other people's. You've only walked a small part in a long journey you still have a long way to go so please don't get discouraged. You can do it! 

"It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop!" :)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views